Monday, October 26, 2009

Polt and Dave S.'s Excellent NYC Adventure (Part 4)...

Okay, I know its been a week since we've returned from NYC, and I know some of you (who shall remain nameless) are getting tired of these posts, but I've only got a little bit more to go.

This time, I give you memorable quotes from the trip.

TO-tally: This is Dave S.'s most common saying, although he's not aware he's saying it. It's funny to listen to him say it three times in one sentence and not even realize it.
"I like dick sex.": this I've explained previously. And man, did we use it a lot. Any time we didn't hear what someone said, or understand what someone said, we'd just interject "What, you like dick sex?" Hilarious.
Stop scratching!: Dave S. has a rash on his skin, and would frequently, and unconsciously scratch it, even though the doctor told him not to. So anytime I saw him doing it, I'd say this to him, sometimes quite forcefully.
"I have to find something to sleep in." "No you don't. Really. Its okay, really. I don't mind.": Dave S. didn't bring anything to sleep in, and he said the first quote. The second was mine fast reply. And we laughed. And Dave S. slept in just his underwear.
"Let's look at Damian again." "...sigh....Damian...": As we waited on the train in Harrisburg to leave, Dave S. got on his iPhone and used the Grindr app (appropriately named, methinks). Its an app you can use to check other guys that have the app around you, and it lists basic info about them and generally a photo. It's basically a gay hookup app, although I'm sure Dave S. would explain it a different way. At any rate, while waiting in Harrisburg, we found a guy named Damian who was quite attractive. Anyway, several times throughout the trip, one of us would say 'Let's look at Damian again", and we would and sigh.
"You don't need an iPhone, you have an iPolt.": I told this to Dave S. as he tried to get service on his iPhone in Penn Station and as I just used my innate Polty-sense to get us up and out of there.
"An Asian with purple shoes...what more do I need?": Yeah, I said it, and it should be self-explanatory.
"Signal! Signal!" "Copy signal!": As we were walking the streets, I noticed tons and TONS of hot guys approaching us in the crowd. I'd try to get Dave S.'s attention to point them out to him, and frequently, they had already passed us by when he started looking. So he said we needed some signal so I could clue him in easier. He wanted to signal word to be "Gertrude", but I didn't want to wander NYC shouting Gertrude every four point seven seconds. So, I just started shouting 'signal!', frequently with a clarifying adjective, like "Signal, red hat" or "Signal, cellphone and shorts". And Dave S. was to respond with a 'copy signal' when he saw who I was indicating. So there were times when a really hot guy was on his way to us, and I had to say signal once or twice or thrice...somewhat frantically until Dave S. responded.
"I got my picture taken with the Naked Cowboy! Now I can go home!": This was Dave S.'s response after seeing the photos I took of him and the Cowboy.
"God, you are so queer.": I said this to Dave S. a few times, like when he ironed his jeans before hanging them up in the hotel, or when he had me help him choose the shirts and underwear for the night cause he just couldn't decide.
"I heard you wanted a snack.": Dave S. was seriously jonesing for a snack on the train on the way up. And since he mentioned it several times, this was another line we used throughout the trip when one of us expressed hunger or something.
"I cried and then they dragged me to hell.": Sassy josh I believe, said this first, and then he and Enrickyricardo said it continually throughout the night. And then more of us picked up on it and used to quite a bit during the trip...and even after.
"We are a very attractive group of gay men.": Dave S. said this first upon seeing us altogether. And frankly, he was quite right. We were a strikingly handsome batch of fags.
"We are a table full of homos and we're discussing vaginas?": I said this, cause at the second restaurant, for some unknown reason, the topic of conversation was vaginas. Go figure.
"Shiny bauble, shiny bauble!": I said this first in relation to Sassy josh and how easy he changed subjects while talking. I meant, if you don't like what he's going on about, wave a shiny bauble in front of him, and the subject will change. However, later the statement was used on me, to get me back from the distraction of watching some hot guy walk by.
"I'm kinda sad to go home tomorrow, I've done everything in New York I wanted to. Not everyone, but everything.": This is obviously me. Nuff said, eh?
"We're three gay men, laying in the same bed and we're talking about boobs? What the hell?": Me again, as Dave S., FDot and I laid in bed together Sunday night and discussed various things, including for some reason, female breasts.
"I can suck down caffeine in a short amount of time.""I imagine you can suck down a lot of things in a short amount of time.": This was me to Dave S., although it could have been reversed.

And the last post will be the photos.

POLT Listening to "NBC Nightly News"

I was in labor so long they had to shave me twice. - Absolutely Fabulous

3 comments:

john said...

I say, and type "totally" all the time! I have to say, this sounds like the best trip ever.

Word verification: "Grant" I wonder if he is signal worthy?

Tam said...

We women have a way of infiltrating every conversation with our parts.

hoteltuesday said...

I'm so glad Josh y yo worked our way into your speech habits!