Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Burning wood, wherever they went, they had all forgotten...

If you're not yet watching Torchwood (on BBC America Saturdays at 9:00pm EST), you're really missing out.

Time travel storylines, great special effects, snappy banter, car chases, alien invasions, fish driving convertibles, futuristic weapons, British accents, moral conundrums, and sometimes, things like the following:



So, if you're not already watching Torchwood...why the hell NOT?

POLT Listening to "Burning Down The House" by the Talking Heads

She's beautiful AND in distress! My favorite kind of damsel! - Booster Gold, Justice League Unlimited

4 comments:

Cooper said...

Wow. I have BBC Canada, and I've seen Torchwood advertised. I'm going to start watching it immediatly, if not sooner. I had no idea.

(You should file this one under 'Polt educates the people". :)

Anonymous said...

Some of us are more frugal and refuse to pay for digital cable. So what are we to do? Us net heads know.

http://www3.surfthechannel.com/show/television/Torchwood.html

Anonymous said...

Why not, you say?
Well, those of us living below the poverty level and currently without jobs and living in states with 7.6% unemployment are just too damned poor (or cheap) to shell out well over $100 to the cable company (the one that fired me) since the BBC channel is up on their special tier along with Sci-Fi channel and a bunch of the other good stuff. But no international channels are offered (not even BET) and of course nothing like LOGO way out here in the sticks.

Perhaps some day when I am employed again I will be able to afford to rent the series and see what it was about.

Furry Godfather.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am missing alot on the second tier.

Onanite