Saturday, February 16, 2008

I found it hidin' out in the weeds...

After work today, I decided to go to Borders, just to see what they had. I ended up getting a magazine, and three books, one of which was a Torchwood book. Then I checked for the Torchwood Season 1, and while the computer said they had it, it was not in the section. As I left I thought I might just check the rest of the shopping center to look for it.

I walked along and first came to Circuit City. While the store did have a nice batch of eye candy working there, I didn't see that they sold anything Torchwood either. At the opposite end of the shopping center was a Wal-mart. I had tried the Wal-Mart in the town I live in, but it's kinda small. This particular Wal-Mart was larger, so I thought I'd give it a try. Not that I expected them to sell anything as out of the mainstream as Torchwood. And once I got there and looked around, I saw that I was correct.

I didn't leave Wal-Mart totally empty, cause I did get a soft pretzel there and a soda and had them as I walked back to the other end of the center where my car was.

I was pulling out, when i remembered they had put another shopping center further up this road, but on the opposite side, and it had a Best Buy in it. That whole shopping center was less than 6 months old. I figured Best Buy would be just like the others and not have it.

i got inside, admired a bit of the eye candy working there, and then found my way to the DVD section. And much to MY surprised, they had it! They actually had about 6 or 7 copies of it. And it was much much more easily found than in the other three stores.

The price, though, was $69.99. Quite a bit steep I thought. I read the package and saw it was a 7 disc set. And I really really did want it. So my lack of impulse control took over and I bought it. Along with a pack of Swedish Fish hanging up near the registers. I ate them all on the ride home. The Swedish Fish I mean, not the 7 discs.

Now, I have something to watch the remainder of this weekend! And rest assured, i WILL watch them all this weekend!

POLT Listening to Flounder's Mashups on DC101 Online

Then some one who looks liek your dead mother just destroyed the Washington Monument. - Superman, Wonder Woman #9

1 comment:

Sexy Duet said...

I am having the same trouble finding Season 3 of OZ, I think I will just have to order it online. And yes, I do blame you for my addiction to that show - I had never heard of it until you blogged about it.

Ms SD