Friday, February 01, 2008

Keep your numbers mounting (Part 16)...

55 Fiction Fridays

Conversation forced.
Smiles tentative, hesitant.
Not sure if this is right, but KNOWING it is right.
Life behind a facade, despised but necessary.
Two actors playing roles they yearn to shed.
My cold, nervous palm envelopes his warmth.
Wintergreen kisses, his lips taste of gum.
And then it's over. It's done. Until next time.

POLT Listening to "Teenagers" My Chemical Romance

Please don't wrestle while wearing couture. - Carson, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one sexy photo! I uh...forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah, that is one sexy photo! Ed

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Friday pick-me-up!

smarmoofus said...

I love your "wintergreen kisses"! Very descriptive. What is the "it" you speak of? Is it literally a role... a job? It reads like there's relief that it's over, but still, the "KNOWING it is right" makes me think that it's not so reluctant. Well-written, even if I'm still working at understanding. *two thumbs up*

-smarmoofus

Jared said...

I was never crazy about kissing someone while they chewed gum or right after.

Thanks for coming by and commenting - your 55 expresses so much in such a small package.

Anonymous said...

Very sexy picture, puts me in mind of me and Keyron about 15 years ago. We were young, hot, and well, time has passed we're both older and a bit heavier but I still love him!

G-Man said...

Polt...
I don't know where Susie is, so I guess your stuck with me...
Great 55 son..Descriptive, Visual, Thoughtful...keep up the good work...Galen