Monday, February 25, 2008

I used to be a rolling stone, you know...

I've been getting Rolling Stone magazine since I was a freshman in college. (the fall of 1986, and since the magazine's been publishing for roughly 40 years, that means I've been subscribing to it for roughly half of it's existance. God, what a great way to feel your age, that.) I got the latest one today and skimmed through it.

They were once more whining, fretting, and maligning over the state of the music business and how it's tanked. I always have to chuckle over that. I can tell you three good reasons why the music business is in the crapper: 1) Charging 15 dollars or more for CD's, when they should be charging less than 10 dollars, 2) the crap that the industry is putting out as music, when it is indeed crap, and 3) spending all that money on lawsuits against music listeners who share music "illegally". I think the first two are the biggest: putting out crap and charging too much for it. Why should I but a whole CD of questionable "music" when I might like only one song on it, and be able to get just that one song from iTunes?

Also, Rolling Stone was talking about the musicians who have come out for Obama: Usher, Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy, Stevie Wonder, and the Grateful Dead. Does this mean he'll make a better president because of thier support? No. But I just thought it interesting to mention.

And there's an article that Madonna is gonna be working with Justin Timberlake on her next album. This might be the first time there's been a male/female duet wherein I want to shag both of the singers! And at the same time too.....ooooo....

POLT Listening to "Groove Is In The Heart" by Dee-Lite

Abby is not manipulating me. I really wanted to eat at Chuck E. Cheese today. - A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking

No comments: