Saturday, February 02, 2008

I'm embarrassed, i don't endorse that, i didn't want this...

So, Ted Kennedy has endorsed Obama.












Big freakin deal.














Do endorsements really matter? Is there anyone out there saying to themselves "Gee, I really wasn't sure who to vote for, Clinton, Obama, McCain, Romney, they all seem okay, but since Ted Kennedy's all for Obama, well, he's got MY vote?"

I've known since last summer that my preferences were Edwards, Obama, Clinton, and Biden, in that order. And no endorsement is going to change that. Of course, I AM a polticial junkie, so i guess that's not surprising.

But I just can't imagine that any voter would cast thier vote based on who Senator Kennedy, or Governor Schwarznegger, or the NY Times, or the Steelworkers Union are backing. I can understand a relative or a friend perhaps being albe to sway a voter in a certain direction by speaking with that voter about the isseus. I can see a specific candidate turning off a voter, or conversely, totally energizing them by a speech, or a position the candidate takes, or what have you. But I really don't understand the importance of an endorsement.

Frankly, if you're only going to vote for someone because someone ELSE is supporting them, should you be voting at all?

POLT Listening to "Uninvited" by Alanis Morisette

Just eb careful with my head. It's where I keep all my one-liners! - The Flash, Justice League Unlimited

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The endorsement could do just the opposite, there are a lot of people who don't like Kennedy.

Onanite