Sunday, February 17, 2008

In the other room, got the coffee on, the pancakes done...

Last night, I recieved an invitation from A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking, to go out to eat tonight to celebrate his birthday that was yesterday. (Didn't quite follow that? Thus is the peril of being a friend of ALCMDPP. Welcome to my world.) And how could I decline?

So, firstly, we tried the new Olive Garden, its only been open a few months. When we got there, people were waiting, and I saw a lady I worked with. After we hugged and said hello, I asked her how long that wait was. She said they had been waiting for an hour and 45 minutes. AN HOUR and 45 minutes!!! I KNOW! I laughed and told her to enjoy the food. And we were off for Buffalo Wild Wings.

An hour and 45 minutes...CRAZY! They could have driven to the nearest town with an Olive Garden, eaten, and been on thier way back home in that time. There ain't no food I'm gonna wait an hour and 45 minutes for. Especially the Olive Garden. I don't wait an hour and 45 minutes for a man, even WITH the promise of sex. Please.

I'm not such a keen fan of Buffalo Wild Wings, but it's okay, so we had decent food, and good conversation. Of course, the damn NASCAR thingee was on the big screen tv's. That's something neither of us get, NASCAR. If I want to watch a bunch of stupid rednecks chase each other around in circles, I'll just an episode of The Dukes Of Hazzard. At least there I can look at John Schneider groin in vbery tight jeans.

At any rate, we finished and headed our seperate ways home. I had to stop to get a few things: Pepsi, milk, a few Aunt Jemima's microwavable pancakes and sausage. I went to the register that had Jeremy at it. (I must compliment here, the staff at that particular Food Lion. They've got a whole HORDE of hot young men working for the, especially the sexy black Nigel with the diamond earring, biceps barely contained in his shirt, and the killer smile. But he works during the day, so alas, he was not here now. And I've digressed...) Jeremy was a cutie, slightly taller than me, but very very skinny. I bet his waist size was no bigger then 26 or 27. Almost too skinny, and obviously no ass. But his face was very cute. And he had decent arms. I thought maybe he was a swimmer, with a body shape like that.

Whilst I was admiring all this, I realized he had said something to me, something about if they were good. And I saw he had just scanned the pancakes and sausage morning breakfast thingees through. I assure him they were good. He asked if they got all rubbery in the micorwave, and I said, I quote, " Oh no, not at all. They're soft, and warm, and moist and tasty." Adding in my mind "Just as I imagine YOU are." He said he'd have to try them sometime.

Now, dear reader, it took quite a bit for Uncle Polt to restrain himself. But, the fact that Jeremy was probably under 18, and still had some soft black babyhairs on his upper lip that I'm certain has never felt the cold touch of a razorblade, and probably was straight as an arrow, and probably was just making conversation to be polite, and the fact that I enjoy shopping there and dont' want to get kicked out, or barred from it, or get a rep as "that creepy gay guy who says weird things to the boys", all those factored in together is what brought a little common sense to my mind and prevented me from inviting Jeremy to my house and offering to make him some microwave pancakes and sausage when he got up tomorrow morning. It is a holiday tomorrow, so I'm certain the boy doesn't have school tomorrow. But NO. I refrained. Struggle though it was.

*SIGH*

POLT Listening to "Love Spreads" by the Stone Roses

Are you sure you want a bunch of Amazon vomit flying around at 300 miles per hour? - Red Tornade, Countdown #19

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Polt, you're a dirty old man and I love you for that. Who knows maybe Jeremy likes older guys. I know that even at the advanced age of 43 and in the prime of my dotage, I've been hit on by some hot young guys. The looks on their faces when I pass them up is so cute though.

I cannot believe an hour and forty five minutes for an Olive Garden. Here in Providence we've got a few dozen decent Italian restaurants and there isn't an Olive Garden in sight! Never a wait, never.

And Food Lion, ugggh! In NC all they had were those and Farm Fresh (Which BTW is a decent grocery store!). Their idea of variety is having diced tomatoes in addition to ground/peeled tomatoes. It's awful.

If you ever come up this way I'll show you what real Italian food is like.

tornwordo said...

I don't think I've ever heard of microwave pancakes. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

I know a guy who works at a local fast food place he's young and cute as a Beagle Pup. We have been flirting for several months now. I think he is just being friendly. I go there often. We say things like, " careful that coffee is hot" "Not as hot as you sweetie" He has a laugh to die for. He is 21 but it's all in fun. Haha, made a rhyme I'll see my boif before bedtime. I guess it's back to Mickey Dees for dinner.