Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sick boy, in his faded blue jeans, sick boy...

I am sick. I feel like crap. Like crap warmed over. Like a piece of crap floating in a puddle of crap.

Okay, well maybe not all that bad, but I don't feel well. It started Tuesday with an intermittent dry cough. I think I got it from a lady i had training with, and even if I didn't, I'll blame her anyway. And then yesterday, it started full force: I had a headache, and my joints ached, and I was coughing more, and my throat was very sore. Blech.

Today, when i got up, I was still pretty bad, but I soldiered on and went to work. Not that I mind taking off work, God knows that's not true, but I hadn't been to work since Saturday, and I knew the paperwork had piled up. So I went to work. I got caught up on the paperwork, but I wasn't a ball of fire. Didn't do anymore than I had to, and what i did do, I didn't do very swiftly. I had all the symptoms from the day before, but now I had phlegm in my chest to bring up, and was achey in my neck, back, shoulders, knees, wrists. Hell, even my balls were overly sensitive and ached some. And I hsad a slight fever: 99.7 or so. But even so, I left at 2:00 and came home.

I've been taking advil/motrin since Tuesday night. Drinking lots of orange juice and water (I can't believe how many times I had to pee today). I'm taking Mucinex for the chest stuff, and cough drops for the cough. And Nyquil at night. I have no idea who invented Nyquil, but if I met them, I'd give them a big ole hug and kiss! It's fantastic stuff!

Today, when i got home, I fell asleep on the couch for a short time, that was good, what i needed. I have every intention of going in to work tomorrow, but maybe I do want to just stay home and sleep in and rest some more. I'd hate to use the time and let more work pile up, but at the same time, what I need most might be rest.

Oh well, I can see I've babbled enough here now, time to go.

POLT Listening to "Sunlight In The Rain" by Kelli Ali

Have heard such a bad fat joke since the Poseidon Adventure. - Joanne, Grief

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon Polt!

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Hey Polt, I hope you feel better soon.

Here's a cheery one for you, while I do get the occasional sinus infection I don't get the flu or bronchitis or chest colds all that often. It's very rare for me. I think the sinusitis protects me from a lot of the other nastiness.

exile said...

poor sicky polt.

all i can say is taht you need to take a hot enough bath to break that fever and then sleep like the damned