Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The beautiful people are waiting, see and be seen...

My mom's VW is in the shop getting some leak fixed. He's keeping it overnight, so i had to go get mom at the shop, since she had no way home. She wanted me to take her to her brother's and she'd borrow his truck, she had already spoken to his wife.

We got there and rang the doorbell, and there was nothing.

Polt: Maybe they're around back, in the yard?
Mom: Maybe they're in the shower.
Polt: Together!?!?
Mom: No! They have two showers.
Polt (slyly): Riiiiiiight.

Then the door opened, and my aunt was there. She yelled for my uncle as she let us in. Mom said to her that we thought maybe we caught them in the shower. My aunt laughed and said, "Well, almost." As she and my mom laughed, I cringed inwards, not needing the visual.

Then my aunt said, "Last night, we were out on the patio, and the neighbors came out, and I told D (that's my uncle) that we needed to go inside because they might see us, and we were both buck naked. And he said they wouldn't be able to see us unless they turned the spotlight on. And JUST as he said that, they turned the spotlight on! Well, I just yelled, he can see me because I can see him! And we both just ran inside and laughed and laughed."

And she laughed as she told it, along with my mom and my uncle who had come to the door as well, carrying two towels and a bottle of shampoo. And I stood there and smiled, all the while, trying to to outwardly show the horror I was feeling inside at the thoughts of 1) interrupting them in the shower, 2) them actually showering together, 3) and the thought of my 58 year old uncle and his 56 year old wife out on their patio buck naked!!!

There are some things about an older generation that the younger generation are just NOT meant to know.

POLT Listening to "Refugee" by Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one and everything thinks everyone else's stinks. - Henry, Home For The Holidays

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm......horror and cringing from a 40 yr old at the thought of a 56 & 58 yr old showering together?

What kind of horror and cringing must people be feeling about the thought of a 40 & 19 yr old showering together???

I bet that its the fact that its a man and woman showering together making you cringe rather than the age thing...right?

Just sayin'...

Furry Godfather.

Anonymous said...

Hey Polt, sorry you have that phobia about old people.

I think it's cute that they're still sexually active and enjoying it. Why the hell not.

I remember when my grandmother had let slip that she and the next door neighbor were 'involved'. I cheered her on. Good for you grandma, 80 years old and she was still gettin' some.

I miss her so much. Then I miss all my grandparents and great grandparents, parent and step-parent, and my uncle.

Why do all the good ones die first?