Saturday, June 07, 2008

Yeah, you got to think about the pros and cons, listen...

Well, now it's over for real. Hillary suspended her campaign and endorsed Obama.


I've been thinking about Hillary as VP. I have been against the idea. She's got a whole lot of baggage that goes with her. And how can Obama claim a campaign of change with a woman who's been in DC for 16 years on the ticket with him. I see a whole host of cons, and not many pros

But the more I think about it, the less I am against the idea. I'm still not FOR it, mind you. But I'm increasing less against it.

Hillary is a formidable campaigner, and debater. And she takes no shit, so she could easily stand up to ANY choice McSame makes for VP. Plus, he could let her loose in PA, Ohio, Flo, Mich, and WV and Ark. That would force McSame to spend money, money he doesn't have, in those states. She could keep those women safely voting for Democrats.

Course, the media, led by Faux News and the far right wingnuts I'm sure would rehash the 1990's. We really don't need to relive the Republican version of the 1990's. And Obama could STILL unleash her in those states without having her on the ticket. And as for the women, the young ones, and the older ones who fought for equality in the 70's, need only be reminded that there's probably going to be two Supreme Court openings in the next four years...one almost for certain. And the Supreme Court is only one justice away from repealing Roe v Wade.

I'm still conflicted about the whole idea. I'm just glad I don't have to make that particular decision.

POLT Listening to "Candy Shop" by Madonna

A straight kiss at Woody's! That's got to be a first! - Emmett, Queer As Folk

1 comment:

dave491 said...

Personally, I worry that Clinton would undermine an Obama presidency. Not only would he have to counteract the perception of her being negatively aggressive, but there would be the issue of overcoming the inevitability of the presence of a popular former president being back in the White House (or at least being highly visible and likely highly engaged). I'd prefer Richardson as VP or even Edwards. Ohio governor Ted Strickland may also be in the running, and although he's a good friend of Honda, I don't like him.

I don't think an Obama/Clinton matchup is anywhere close to being a so-called "Dream Team."