Thursday, June 12, 2008

When I was twelve, at summer camp (Part 11)...

12 For The 12th
(June 2008 edition)



8:17am
My first (and only) cup of coffee at my desk at work. I have to have one cup to wake up. Any more than that and I get heartburn.



4:13pm
A peaceful tree lined street on my drive home from work.



4:28pm
Gracie's Place: a great restaurant/deli type of place. they have outSTANDing subs, and that's where I went after work to get supper.



4:46pm
First thing I do upon returning home is water the plants. It's the only way I remember to water them. They seem to be growing like crazy! Way more flowers than I thought I'd ever have!



5:01pm
My supper: ham and cheese sub from Gracies, macaroni salad (also from Gracies), potato chips, topped off with ice cold Pepsi, and a book to read while I eat.



5:30pm
After finishing supper, I sat on the couch and read some more.


7:50pm
Puttin on my sandals to go to moms.



7:52pm
The front of my building. The tree to the right is one that we trimmed on Tuesday to get the branches that were hanging over the walk and forcing me to duck or to go around.


7:55pm
Upon opening the door to mom's place, i was greeted by Angel. (her head is not on fire, its just the sunlight that's coming in the window)



8:05pm
My uncle was coming over so mom and I could help him take the cap off the pickup truck and store it at mom's. While she and i waited for him to get there, we were in the backyard just talking. I took a photo of my shadow...and her legs off to the right.



8:33pm
After getting the cap off, mom had several piles of weeds and grass and dirt that she had gathered up. She asked my uncle to take it to the dump tomorrow. So we had to shovel it all into the back of the pickup. And this is my shovel, my hand, mom's rake and her leg...and one of the piles of debris. (and YES, I did indeed shovel the shit up onto the truck. Me, doing manual labor...who knew?)



8:50pm
After all that was done, and he left, mom and i sat on the patio and talked a bit. And Angel was with us as well.

After all this, i came home, took a glorious shower, got a glass of ice cold Pepsi, and posted this. Then, I shall go to bed and read a bit before going to sleep. but no photos of that.

POLT Listening to "The Bomb!" by The Bucketheads

Your ocean belched up whales on Daytona Beach, Aquaman. - Superman, JLA #66

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice stems ;)

I like the shot of your shadow. Creative.

Zippy said...

Pepsi at bedtime?? You are a brave man!

Susan said...

caffeine after noon just doesn't work for me!! and glad to know that you didn't set your mom's dog's hair on fire!!

Dogeared said...

Well done with the manual labour ;-)

Hope you're enjoying the book!

Helen (Dogeared, 12er)

Scooter said...

What a great, early summer day. I gasped when I first saw the picture of Gracie...I'm glad you let us know she wasn't in flames.