Thursday, June 26, 2008

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 115)...

Once more it's time for...


Several years ago, I worked at a bookstore part time. There was a guy I worked with, 18 years old, he had been rather sheltered, it was his first job, and despite working with public, he was still kinda shy and introverted.

I made it my mission to bring him out of the shell.

I'd call him "my lil buddy", when I was talking to him. He'd roll his eyes, but at least he'd smile. And then, I took it one step further and started calling him "Gilligan". That caused a roll of the eyes and a shake of the head, usually with a heavy sigh. But he's still smile.

And so then I came up with an idea. The husband of a friend of mine owns a t-shirt shop. So Ihad her husband make me two t-shirts, one in his size that read Gilligan, one in my size that read Skipper. And I brought them both in. Unfortunately, he wouldn't agree to wear them at work together. But nonetheless, that opened up our friendship further. And while we never became really close friends, we always were...buddies.


And that me in my Skipper shirt.

POLT Listening to "Do Your Thing" by Charles Wright & The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band

Man, it's pretty much all about clown dancing.

15 comments:

MarcelloNYC said...

Aww. That is a sweet story.

HHNT!

Vixen said...

Oh that's cute! :)

happyHNT

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

That's incredibly sweet of you. :)

Happy HNT!

O30T said...

Awww very sweet story, there should always be a good story behind a pic ... nice smile.

I popped in here just to thank you for your comment on my pic on the HNT anon site.

You absolutly made my day!
Hugs Lee

Sexy Duet said...

Thats a great idea, you would be a blast to work with!
I am surprised that you didnt go with Batman and Robin or some other comic book combination hehehe

Happy HNT!

Ms SD

Lapis Ruber said...

I'm sure he appreciated your friendship. Where is he now? Happy HNT.

Bunny said...

Adorable, Skipper!

HHNT!

blue said...

that sweet story matches the sweet smile.

JW said...

He's lucky to have had someone to coax him out of his shell :)

Happy HNT - and thanks for sharing.

Nude Canadian Boy said...

Way to go Skipper. As one who use to be quite shy, I know it's always nice to be poked a little to get out of that shell.
And kindness shows that the world is not as scarry as the media tells us.

HHNT

Luka said...

If only every shy person could be buddied up like that! What a difference it would make in the the workplace.

HHNT!

Greg and Sheryl said...

We presume the two of you eventually got off the island okay. Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I can see you now calling him your 'little buddy'. The shirt is pretty funny. HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Nice story I am sure he will always remember you with affection.

Onanite

Baby said...

That was extremely heartwarming!!! Great Smile Skipper!!! Happy Belated HNT!!!