Sunday, June 01, 2008

Drive my Mini Cooper, and I'm feeling super-duper (Part 1)...

Today, kids, I'm introduding a brand new weekly feature at the Palace.

Everyone knows I love the character of Superman. I've got a life-sized cut out of him in my hallway. I've got three t-shirts and at least a dozen pairs of boxers with the Superman 'S' on them. I have many many comic books featuring Superman. I even have the 'S' tattooed on my left shoulder.

I like Superman because, and this will sound corny I'm sure, but he represents the best that there is in man. Even in the 90's, when it became fashionable to have the comic book 'heroes' start using guns, and wearing armor, and kill people indisciminantly (yes, Wolverine, Punisher, and the X-books, I'm talking to you) Superman remained what he always had been: basically a Boy Scout. Yeah, it's a bit cheesey sometimes, but the fact that he could RULE the Earth as a god-king, yet he walks among us in a suit and tie as one of us, and only protects us, says a lot about the character.

In addition to all that I wrote above, I love Superman for another reason. I love him because so many hot sexy twinkie boys apparently love him, or his icon, as well. And like to wear it and show it off.

So, starting today, we'll have the weekly feature of....

Superman Sundays


Wherein, I'll show a photo of some fan of Superman, displaying Superman's 'S' for all to see. Like the one below.



Sure wouldn't mind having something like that! Oh, and a pair of the underwear would be nice too.

POLT Listening to "On Top" by The Killers

It's not what I want to be, like a-a fireman or a president of the United States, it's what I am. I've always been, I mean. I don't not want it but it's not like I made some kind of choice. Like I didn't decide to have blond hair. - Billy Connors, The Boys On The Rock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekly edition, and this week is no exception! YUM.

Onanite

SheenV said...

Yeah, where did he get them?