Monday, June 09, 2008

Like a frat boy at hell week, baby...

And so begins...My Week From Hell.

There are three of us who work in my department. One of them has been off two months now because her husband had surgery for a brain tumor, and then died a few weeks later. And my other coworker is on vacation all week. So I'm there by myself ALL WEEK.

I don't mind that they are off. I certainly wouldn't expect the one who's a new widow to be back working. And as for the other one, the vacation has been scheduled for some time, and they've already paid on somethings, so if she doesn't go, they'll lose the money. I understand their situations and do not blame them for anything.

Nonetheless, this means that I will have to do the work of all three of us this week. I got with my boss and we prioritized the duties, and we did it in a way that makes sense. But what this means is that all the work that I would be doing this week will have to be put off until next week. And while I'm trying to catch up on it next week, next week's work will be backing up as well. *SIGH*

I suppose that's why I make the big bucks, right? Pffft, yeah, sure.

In addition, I normally work Tuesdays through Saturdays, having off Sundays and Mondays. but since there would have been no one there today at all, I had to go in and work today, in addition to the rest of the 5 days this week I would normally work. So what I did is go in today and work 4 hours, and then I'll work 4 hours on Saturday. that way, all the days have coverage, and I don't have to use any overtime.

that's how I presented it to the bosses. But actually, I wanted it that way cause Saturday is the Gay Pride Parade in DC, and I've got some friends together to go, and this way, I can get off work in plenty of time to get down there with them.

And then, today, Mom went in her colonoscopy (everything is fine inside her, and she's doing well too, thanks for asking), so I had to take her in and drop her off at the hospital...at 6 freaking 30 in the morning. Somehow I dragged my fat ass outta bed at 5:45 so i could get up and ready and get her there on time. And then I just went in to work and worked 7-11.

And I'm really not complaining about the reasons WHY I have to do this stuff, I don't mind doing this stuff, it's just all this happening in one week....and little chance of Don getting up here to help me....relieve some tension...yeah, not gonna be a good week, methinks.

I suppose I need to look on the bright side: at least I HAVE a job to go to. And a mom to take to the hospital. things could be worse...

POLT Listening to "Dive" by Nirvana

We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold out allies hostile. - George W. Bush

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like a crazy week alright. Good luck with all. Glad mama Polt is doing well.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

-_-

I'll trade you places for a month?

Furry Godfather.

Polt said...

Oh NO, not for a month. It's just this particular week, and perhaps a bit of next, that's gonna be bad.

Other than that, things are peachy. :)

HUGS...