Monday, July 30, 2007

Everybody had matching towels...

Contrary to what some may tell you, I am not a living fashion faux pas. I know not to wear white after Labor Day (not that I own anything white other than tee-shirts and socks); I know never to let your neckline meet your hemline; I know that purple and orange do NOT mix well; I know NEVER to wear black socks up to your knees with sandals. And I know that your belt is to match your socks.

I take it a step further, and match my shoes to both as well. (this is only for business attire, cause when I'm wearing sneakers, it's kind of irrelevant what color belt I have on. but I digress...) So if I'm wearing black shoes to work, I have on black socks and a black belt. If I'm wearing brown shoes to work, I've got the brown socks and belts on. Simple. Oh, and as mentioned, if I'm wearing sneakers, I wear white socks, and the belt becomes moot.

I have discovered I do something else as well. I've been doing it, I think, for months, if not years, but I never noticed it until just last week. With business attire, I match my underwear to my shirt.

now understand, at my work, I generally wear what considered casual. I don't wear a tie, I dont often wear a button up shirt either. Normally it's an Oxford pullover type. And I noticed that week that if I'm wearing a purple pullover I have on purple underwear. Green shirt, green underwear. White shirt, white undies. the only exception is this one Orange shirt I have. When I wear that, I put on a dark red pair of underwear. This is what made me recognize it last week, cause when i got the orange shirt out, I looked through the underwear drawer, and said to myself, "Well, I'll have to go with red I guess." I was unconsicously doing it prior to that. And I say unconsiously because I do this after turning on the water for the shower to reach the right temperature and before I step into the shower. And when i do this, it's right after I've turned off my alarm, so i'm not awake yet (NOT a morning person, is Polt). I think I'm just barely conscious at that point, having enough trouble staying awake and certainly not trying to actively match my shirt and undies.

I dont know why I do this. Does anyone else do this? No, I'm probably the only freak out there that does. *SIGH* oh, well, yet another reason to be different.

Now, if anyone of you don't believe me and want proof, stop one day on the way to work, or the way from it, and I'll show ya.

POLT Oil: 76.76 (-.24); Gas: 2.84 (-.01)

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. - Napoleon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah....so that explains all of the shirts with the racing stripes.

Good logic.

Fairy Godfather.

Sexy Duet said...

I do this too, even if it isnt necessary and there isnt a chance that my lingerie will be seen by anyone else. I guess we are both freaks :)

Ms SD