Monday, July 02, 2007

She's got dirty dishes on the brain...

After my bathroom project (see below), in another uncharacteristic burst of energy, I decided to do my dishes. Well, actually, it was decided FOR me to do my dishes becuase 1) I wanted to have a bowl of Spaghetti-O's for supper, 2) I had no clean bowls and 3) I had no clean spoons.

Yeah, I have no idea when the last time was I did the dishes either. See below maybe you'll understand.


So, at 6:45 I started the water running in the sink. At 7:30, the last bit of water ran out of the drain. It took a full 45 minutes to clean them all. I used all the hot water as well, there was nothing but cold coming out of the faucet. Also, during the cleaning, I HAD to have something to help me manage my way through.


Yes, that IS a beer. And those ARE suds on my hands. That is a batch of suds on my forehead, not sure how that got there. That IS my purple and blue checked arpon as well. And that is an iPod ear-thingee in my ear. can't do dishes without music. Thank God no one was around with a videocam, cause even though I made sure I didn't sing out loud (don't want anyone else in the house to hear me through the walls, or anyone walking down the street to hear me out the windows), I still dancing my fat ass off! I just couldn't stop from moving. Made the chore that much more fun and made the time seem to pass quicker.

And at the end of those 45 minutes, THIS was the result.


Yeah, it did take two dishtowels to dry them all. The first one got soaked through and through and I had to get a fresh one.

POLT

Fahrenheit 9/11 was the biggest documentary of all time - not to mention one of the funniest and most disturbing. But the really scary thin is that Bush won anyway.

7 comments:

Truthspew said...

Back a few years ago I could tolerate a sink full of dirty dishes no problem. Just cleaned off the dish I needed and that was it.

Well, now I'm manic about it. I cannot abide a sink full of dirty dishes. They have to be cleaned and put away. I don't know what the hell happened to me - I used to be a slob. Then around 40 it changed.

But good for you Polt!

Truthspew said...

Oh, and as far as the ear buds being in, check out this video. Yes, I was listening to music the whole time I was ranting on.

http://kd1s.blip.tv/file/288263/

Bunny said...

Yay clean dishes!! You look adorable in your apron!

Anonymous said...

There is an easier solution (or 2 even).

In my first abode alone (in Waynesboro, actually, over on Grant St, #4 up on the 3rd floor single apartment) the kitchen was huge. However, I had exactly a tablesetting of Correl ware for 4. 4 plates, 4 bowls, 4 tea cups, etc. and another 5-6 glass drinking glasses. a cheap set of about 12 of each silverware. a frying pan, a sauce pan, a larger 4 quart pan. a juice container for making frozen juice. a few baking dishes. And that was it. If every single piece was dirty (which it never was) it could all be washed up in 10 minutes or less. Why have more dishes than one could possibly use other than so that they can pile up and grow new strains of penicilin while I'm out partying?

The other option is to get a dishwasher (the electric kind is cheaper than the nude male variety, but of course much more boring), and it actually saves water also.

Fairy Godfather.

Anonymous said...

Dish towels are harboring germs and bacterium galore. Air drying is the only way. Just wash them and put them in a rack. Works for the nude male dishwsher too.

Anonymous said...

One word: Dishwasher

Sexy Duet said...

My method for washing dishes is to put them in the sink and then fill it with hot water and detergent. Once the water has cooled down enough to put my hands in, the grime has come off and they just need a quick wipe before drying in the air :)

Ms SD