Monday, July 09, 2007

No cars no pool no pets...

I mentioned yesterday how mom and I got the pull out loveseat downstairs for dad to rest on. Well, at night, he still goes up to bed with her, but in the morning, he comes downstairs and spends the rest of the day down there. I went over about lunchtime today to do laundry. I also let the dog out, and made sure dad had some water there. I also went to McDonald's for lunch cause he was hungry for two cheeseburgers. But the whole time I was there, dad spent on the bed. Sometimes sleeping, other times just laying or sitting there. he has absolutely no energy, but at least the fever that plagued him over the weekend is gone.

About twenty years ago, we got a little cockapoo that we called Cookie. She was quite the lap dog. She was ALWAYS on your lap, or if you were laying down, cuddled up next to you. We had to put her down in like 2003 or 2004. In 2000, we got a poodle named Angel. Angel is NOT a lap dog. She'll lay with you, or on you, whenever it suits her, but she'd just as soon lay on the floor at your feet or on a pillow or whatever. She's in no way a lap dog or a cuddle dog.

Well, over at the house today, one time i went to check on dad, and this is what I saw.



I HAD to get a photo jsut to prove to him and mom that Angel was actually up there with him. I think she knows something's wrong. Dad's not acting like himself, and so, if you'll forgive me for giving her human thoughts and emotions, she wanted to lay with him to make him feel better.

I know that's probably silly thoughts on my part, but it is still sweet.

POLT

Best fashion advice: don't let the neckline meet the hemline.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your dad gets to feeling better. My dad will be 81 in Sept. The picture with little doggie is cute. You're a good son, Polt.

Anonymous said...

Of course she knows that he is not acting right, a dogs emotions may be different than our own but they have them just the same.

I hope he feels better soon

Anonymous said...

I think animals know when something is wrong. They have even trained dogs to alert before someone has a seizure. I find that fascinating.

Tell your dad to get well soon.

Mark