Monday, May 12, 2008

Are you ready?, to make your contribution, are you ready?...

This past Saturday, I recieved my "stimulus" check. This is the same kinda crap Bushie did back in 2001: Oh we're hemmoraging money like a decapitated guy hemmorages blood, we owe the Chinese something around $19,000 per person, man, woman and child in the USA right now, and what are we gonna do? Oh, we're gonna borrow MORE money and spread it out to everyone. Yeah, I got $600, but I'm gonna have to pay all that, plus God know how much interest, back in taxes at some point in my life. Just what I needed to do, have the Federal Government go even further in debt in my name.

So, this morning, I took the check to the Credit Union and deposited it. And then, this afternoon, I got online and made a $300 donation to Barack Obama's campaign. And I'll make another $300 donation after the conventions are over, in September.

I think it only proper, ironic, and not little bit of poetic justice, for me to use the money I recieved in Bushie's latest folly to help ensure his party loses the White House in November.

This is my check:




And this is the webpage thanking me for my contribution:

Addendum: Forgot to mention this when i first posted this. I got the check Saturday. today, in the mail, I got a letter from the IRS advising my that I'd get my check before May 16, 2008, and if I didn't recieve it three weeks after that date, I was to contact this number or what have you. Then it went on to explain to me how the exact amount of the check was tabulated, and then on the back, it showed me in a chart, just in case your were an idiot and couldn't understand what you had just read in thre previous three paragraphs, that showed me how much I got ($600), how much i got for eligible children ($0) and how much was deducted due my income being possibly too high ($0) for a final total of....now take your time and figure this out, cause we all know how complex addition and subtraction truly are...$600!

I recall, early in the year, I recieved a letter from the IRS advising me that I was going to get a "Stimulus" check. At that time, that notification to all Americans, cost the government $42 million dollars. I'm going to assume that this current mailing cost us all $42 million dollars as well.

That means it cost the government $84 million dollars to notify us not once, but twice, that we were all getting this "stimulus" check. And to let us know not only how much we were getting (which we'd find out when we actually got the check), but how it was tabulted (not that THAT information's been out there online and on TV and in the papers for months already). That's in addition to the BILLIONS of dollars we had to borrow to GIVE us this money in the first place!!!

God, do we EVER need a change in DC!

POLT Listening to "Big Time" by Peter Gabriel

I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein. - George W. Bush

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that people are getting their paper checks when the government said that the direct deposit version would be completed before the paper checks would start going out.

My direct deposit isn't due in my account until May 16 (per the last 2 digits of my social security number).

Thank you so much Bushwack administration.

Furry Godfather.

Polt said...

Okay, I had heard that they were sending the check out based on your SS# (mine is 05..whoo, hoo). I hadn't heard that DD was gonna be faster than paper check.

but then what do i know? Probably as much as the administration knows, I's suppose.

HUGS...

Bunny said...

We use direct deposit. We got our stimulus money ($1771 - WTF? I thought they were all round numbers) deposited on a Thursday. The following Monday I got the "you will be receiving . . . ." letter. Since they direct deposited the money, perhaps they should have emailed the letter so it would arrive before I'd already had the money for several days.