Friday, May 09, 2008

I'll sit here and drink a beer and listen to the radio...

I am just so very happy that I now have a far right Republican wingnuts "news" talk radio station to listen to in my car. I am becoming SO much more informed.


I found out recently, thanks for Glenn Beck, who I should be blaming for not only my high gas prices, but also the increase in food costs. Should I be blaming the oil company executives who are raking in obscene profits while gouging us at the pump? And should we blame the oil companies and their high price of gas, as said above, for the higher costs of transporting the food from producers to market? Why no, they’re obviously not to blame. Who should I blame?

Why, the enviornmentalists, of course!

The dastardly enviornmentalists won’t allow the benevolent, only-looking-out-for-my-best-interest oil companies drill for oil in our nation parks and wildlife preserves, and that causes the price of gas to go up. And in addition, those evil enviornmentalists insist upon making the saintly oil companies use some evil satanic ethanol in the production of gas. They do this under the obvious lie of helping the enviornment, when in fact, all it does is add to the cost of gas AND since we’re using corn to make gas, that’s less corn on the market for human consumption OR for farm animal consumption, thus raising the prices on all sorts of foods we buy.

I am just so relieved that Glenn Beck, and his ilk, are there to tell me who to blame and what to think, because God knows that I, like most of his and his ilk’s listeners, don’t want to read things for ourselves and think about it and draw our own conclusions! No, we much MUCH prefer to just believe, sheep like, in whatever they tell us. And then vote accordingly.

And people wonder why this country’s in such a mess.

POLT Listening to "Broken Dreams" by Basement Jaxx

"What in the horror of Babylon hell are you two wearing?" "Your clothes. From your wardrobe." "...You look fabulous." - Max, Metrosexuality

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

?? So let me get this str8 (sorry). Glen Beck and his milk are responsible for high gas prices and the milk also comes from sheep?? Sounds like feta cheese to me. I know you don't much care for Greek food.

Well, I know that I always read the labels on all food containers including milk containers. Of course I get the lactose free milk because its easier to digest. My conclusion is that you don't much care for Glen Beck or his milk, so I think I got it right and apparently this is a democratic take on the whole matter as well(?). Now...who is Glen Beck??

I doubt that my Walmart carries Glen Beck's sheep's milk, but I will be checking next time I go in since now you have me curious.

Furry Godfather.

tornwordo said...

I recommend, for your blood pressure's sake, to stop listening. I did, after I got into a fender bender while I was yelling at the radio, lol.

Anonymous said...

I cannot stand to listen to the neo-cons, they just piss me off so much. I know you are supposed to know your enemy, but I draw a line.

Onanite