Thursday, May 29, 2008

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 111)...

Once more, kids, it's time for....


One week ago, my friends the Parispekings (search the Palace for the name, you'll come up with many entries) had their third daughter, Baby Jackie. Saturday I went to visit them. And I got to hold Baby Jackie, just two days old.

Holding this brand new human being, less then two days after she emerged into the world, was something....breathtaking for me. It brought a lot of things into perspective, and made me more introspective later in the evening, ya know, like what really matters in life.

This is a photo of Baby Jackie.



And yeah, that's the Polt-Thumb and Polt-Goatee in the photo. Gives you a comparison so you can see just how small she actually is.

To see what others put up, go to http://osbasso.blogspot.com/

POLT Listening to "Groove Is In The Heart" by Dee-Lite

I want to be the minority, I don't need your authority. Down with the Moral Majority, cause I want to be the minority. - Green Day, Minority

18 comments:

Vixen said...

Aww.... A baby!!! *sigh*

:)

Osbasso said...

Babies kind of do that to you, don't they?

Anonymous said...

How cute!

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

*big grins* That's exactly how I felt when I held my niece for the first time.

*sigh* What a cozy little HNT. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, look at Uncle Polt. What a cutie...the baby too ;) HHNT!

MarcelloNYC said...

She is adorable, and I know exactly how you feel. I was there for the delivery of my godson, and I was the 2nd person to hold him after the mid-wife.

I gave him his first chiropractic adjustment to correct the problems he incurred during a tuff birth.

I miss him! He lives in Canada with his parents...I am going to call him tomorrow.

MarcelloNYC said...

PS. Your current wallpaper is now mine also - HOT!

~d said...

A newborn is the definition of 'miracle'.

figleaf said...

Best feeling in the world in a way isn't it, Polt. Cool thumb, great goatee. Happy HNT,

figleaf

Ashly Star said...

Aww! Happy HNT.

Lapis Ruber said...

If only people could remember that all the time....
Happy HNT.

Bunny said...

What a precious angel!! Looks like a nice head of dark hair on her too.

Babies bring out a lot of emotions - from "ewww!" to "awww!" and everything in between.

HHNT to baby Jackie and you too, Uncle Polt!

Greg and Sheryl said...

A rather unique and tender contribution to HNT. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Babies always scare me....

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!

Yeah both of you!

Thanks for stopping by.

Missed you

Dana said...

Perfect - absolutely perfect!

Blissfully Wed said...

Beautiful shot. Thanks for sharing.

lime said...

she is precious indeed and it's such a strange thing how holding a baby can provoke so many thoughts and feelings.