Monday, May 12, 2008

When I was twelve, at summer camp (Part 10)...

12 For The 12th

After forgetting about this two months running (I'm 40 now, as I'm constantly reminded, so things like this will happen), I now give you May 2008's 12 For The 12th!

12:49 am
This is the time on cellphone this morning. right after I took this photo, I put the phone down, turned out the light, and promptly went to sleep.


10:15am
This is me on my cellphone. Don called me this morning, because he missed my voice. He called just to talk, and we did so for about 15 minutes.


11:36am
This is my sparkling clean, almost like new shower running, right before I got in it.


11:43am
This is me putting on my undies for the day....my Dallas Cowboys undies! (everyone oooh and aaah appropriately


11:55am
This is the view looking through my mother's car's windshield and out the garage door. Mom took my car to work today and I took her car out to the mechanic, she had to get it checked for something. But this is what it looked like from inside the garage.


12:04pm
This is the front of the Credit Union I belong to. I took my 'stimulus' check there and deposited it. (See a post below for what became of it)


12:15pm
Then I stopped at this new deli/restaurant that opened recently Gracie's Place. I LOVE the food there. This was my lunch today: 1/2 ham and cheese sub, chips, bowl of thier Slippery Chicken Pot Pie, a Pepsi, and the new National Geographic to read. Yummy food! Great reading.


2:00pm
This is a wall in the waiting area of Denny's Garage, where I spent an hour and a half today waiting. Luckily, I took a book and the National Geographic with me to read.


3:00pm
Getting done at the garage (it needs a new temperature gauge. Mom has to call to set up an appointment to get it changed), I took the car back to mom's. Inside, I had a bowl of her Mama Polt's Homemade Strawberry Shortcake!!!! Delish!!!


4:15pm
I sat on the reclining loveseat and read some more and watching TV at mom's. Angel decided she wanted to sit on my lap also and who was I to deny her. in fact, she and I took about an hour nap this afternoon, while Star Trek Voyager played unwatched on the TV, until Mom got home.


6:25pm
Returning home, after a wonderful Mama Polt cooked supper, I went into my building and started up the stairs to my third floor apartment. This is the view that greeted me.


7:15pm
As mentioned below, I used half of my 'stimulus' check to make a donation to Obama's campaign. I already used this photo in that post, but frankly, I giggle everytime I think of what I used Bushie's money for, and I feel it's worth posting here again.


And that, kids, was my day, May 12, 2008.

POLT Listening to "Dead Souls" by the Joy Division

"Most sinners are in denial." "I'm NOT in denial." "See what I mean?" - Kid Crusader, Teen Titans #35

2 comments:

Sexy Duet said...

I borrowed (ok, stole) this idea from you for the past two months and totally forgot about it this month lol.

I like what you did with your cheque! How sweet is it that someone calls just because they miss your voice :)

Ms SD

Dogeared said...

May be time to invest in a calendar then, to help you remember ;-) Or just trust that after a while, it becomes ingrained (as it has for me).

And yay for extra money!

Helen (Dogeared, 12er)