Monday, May 26, 2008

Watch a holiday parade with dancers and balloons...

So this morning, I managed to get myself up in time to go see the Memorial Day parade. It was about an hour long, and was...well, a parade in my small hometown. Nothing exciting, way too many fire trucks, but they did, as they do every Memorial Day, had a bus full of veterans from the nearby V.A. Hospital, most of them disabled or injured, hence why they're at the hospital in the first place. They waved flags out the bus windows. Everyone applauded them. That's probably the best moment of the entire parade, when they go by.

My cousin Cam was there as well, telling anyone that would listen that he was now three years old.

Later in the day, the whole family regathered at my mom's house and we had lunch. It consisted of meatballs, baked beans, a deli and cheese tray, potato and mac salad, chips, pickles, cheeses, and deserts of fruit salad and a vanilla, white icing cake with a layer of strawberries in the middle! Yummy! Following the meal, we all sat around and talked to each other while we digested the food.

When this was over, I came home and hung out for only a short while before Don arrived. We spent two and a half hours together. Alongwith the memories, and the afterglow, I have a few scratches on my back near my shoulder to commemorate the occasion. I didn't know he had longish nails until we were cuddling afterwards and i felt the scratches. Niether of us can remember when the acutally occured, but we both kinda think its a good thing, showing just how much...fun we had.

After he left I got a call from mom, she wanted me to come over and eat some more of the leftovers, so I went over for supper, having another sandwich and stuff. Then we sat and talked for about an hour and a half while we watched TV. I always feel like I should spend the evenings of holidays with her, this is the first Memorial Day she had without dad, so I wanted to do something a little bit with her when all the people had left and she was there alone. But she seems to be doing very good.

In addition to the scratches, I got a bit of sun on the back of my neck and on my face, but nothing major. Not a burn, just a slight reddening. Food, fun, family....and sex. All in all a very pleasant holiday!

But what kinda holiday would it be if I didn't have some photos to post?

This is Cam watching the parade from his Froggy Chair.


And this is Cam in his favorite place to be: With Pappy.


This is Cam and I in a self portrait.


This is a short video of Cam in his mom's arms giggling over her kisses.




And this is a short video of one of the groups in the parade. They're doing the Lindy Hop.

Personally, I'm diggin' the outfits, zoot suits rock!

POLT Listening to "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado Oil: 133.04 (+1.34); Gas: 3.88 (-)

He couldn't find a prayer in the Bible! - Whit Sterling, Out Of The Past

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend Memorial Day. :)

Anonymous said...

My Memorial Day kinda sucked, but it sounds like you had a great time. :-) Next holiday, I'll just live vicariously through you.

Except for the sex with a guy.

The scratches wreak havoc with my tan.

Anonymous said...

Your little cousin Cam is so cute! Glad you had a good Memorial day!

Cheers,
Mark