Monday, May 05, 2008

Ways to break these iron bars, we dream of...

This past Friday night, I went to see Iron Man with A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking (even though his lovely wife is ready to expel another child at any moment), Ghostie, and Don (I think it's time Don got his own icon...after all, he has his own label, and since he's retired Air Force, this one just seemed to make the most sense).









So, about the movie...let me say that I am not a fan of Robert Downey Jr. Also, I am not a fan of Iron Man in the comics. Yeah, I always wanted to see him in the Avengers he belonged on the team, but I never really cared for the character itself.

Having said all that, what can I say about the movie? How about, if fucking blew me away! It is outSTANDing! Not only are the special effects are unbelievable (there were times when I didn't know if it was a computer, or if it was a man in the suit), but the plot actually makes sense. And the writing, the banter is genuine and funny. Gwenith Paltrow, as TOny Stark's sexy assistant is NOT just eye candy, as she could have been. I thought the ending was a bit shaky, but by and large, it is an incredibly good movie. Which did surprise me somewhat.

Afterwards, the four of us went to TGIFridays, for drinks and some food. And some friendly banter. And Don got along with my other two friends like they had known each other for years. I was quite pleased that everything went so well. Both my friends commented on how they liked Don, and Don told me he enjoyed them as well. A good omen, methinks.

POLT Listening to nothing

We just threw down with monkey's riding robots, how much weirder can it get? - Jason Todd, Countdown #39

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends that like each other........ Good karma.

Onanite

Bunny said...

I'm glad your friends like Don. That's cool.

I loved Iron Man. I thought Robert Downey Jr. was perfectly cast and Terence Howard was SO adorable as Rhodey. I hope he plays a bigger part in the next one (all three stars -RDj, GP, and TH) have signed for THREE more. But when he wrecked that car coming through the roof, I about died. Someone please tell me that was a fiberglass mock-up and not the real car!

Anonymous said...

When I first heard Robert Downey Jr was cast as Iron Man, I was, I guess confused maybe? But from all accounts, it seems they made the right choice. I'll have to see this movie.

I love the ghost icon!