Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Keeps me well informed, oh yeah, i'm convinced...

I am SO glad, nearly every day, that I now listen to the far right wingnuts on talk radio. I am SO much more well informed now.

Remember that rally Obama had in Oregon that drew a crowd of 75,000 people? Well thank God Laura Ingraham is on the air to set me straight! That crowd of 75,000 did NOT show up to hear Obama speak. No siree. The band The Decemberists was opening for him, and all those people showed up just for the band. That's what she said on her show today. Seriously.

Now I've never heard of the Decemberists, but I'm sure they're a really swell music group. And I can see from their Wikipedia entry, they're from the Portland Oregon area, so naturally they would have a following there. But really, would 75,000 people turn out to a politcal rally just to hear the local opening band, without caring about the political candidate the band was opening for?? Well, in Laura's world, and the world of the far right lunatic fringe, they absolutely would!

On a more serious note, this morning, I discovered just how cold hearted, how callous, how thoughtless, and how just flat out RUDE the far right lunatic fringe is. Yesterday, it seems, Senator Robert Byrd was speaking on the floor of the Senate about Ted Kennedy and Senator Byrd broke down. he repeated Kennedy's name a few times, around tears, said he loved him and missed him.

Mancow In The Morning played the tape of that several times over, laughing and mocking him. I suppose, in the world of the Far Right, if you work side-by-side with someone over almost forty years and become close friends, and then that person is diagnosed with a brain tumor and given less than a year to live, you're not supposed to be sad about it. I suppose when told your co-worker/friend won't be around this time next year, you're supposed to, oh I don't know, dance a jib, perhaps? Not say anything, not show any emotion?

Course in the world of the Mancows/Limbaughs/Ingrahams/Becks/Savages I suppose they don't actually have that many friends, or if they do, I doubt they really care for them. Cause they only care about themselves and their agenda. And scoring points with their slack-jawed, narrow-minded, sheep-listeners at the expense of the heartfelt sadness and emotion expressed here is what he's doing.

And also revealing their true colors. Mocking a man upset over his friend's cancer. Nice man. I guess we'll be laughing at all those silly Myanmar people without homes now, right? Or all those people stupid enough to live in a earthquake zone in China huh? probably serves them right, for being Communist, doesn't it, Mr. "loveyouloveyourshow" Mancow?

Patheric.

POLT Listening to "Song 2" by Blur

This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous And having said that, all options are on the table. - George W. Bush

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I'm sickened by the far-right's glee over Sen. Kennedy's terminal cancer. I'm not a huge fan of Teddy either for many reasons, but I would never wish something so awful on anyone, not even Rush or Ann Coulter.

Okay, maybe Ann Coulter.

Anonymous said...

God forbid that anyone who is in public life should show any emotion. I would hate to have one of these neo-cons as parents. Can you imagine?

Onanite