Saturday, May 03, 2008

You are, incredible, unforgettable, you're the world's greatest by far...

This past Thursday, Phoenix’s wife, The Warden, allowed him out on a furlough.



So he and I went to eat and then to Wal-Mart and Lowes. It seems The Warden put this horrendously ugly cermanic pig in their yard. He told her how ugly it was and asked her to take it back. She refused. So our goal that night was to find a gnome to go with the pig. Appreantly she hates gnomes. And so, coincidentally, does Phoenix. But he hates the pig more.

We met with no success. The only things we could find were some gnomes in a hammock, that were just as equeally cheesy as the pig, and a little dancing singing gnome. I was all for the dancing singing one. I suggested he get three of them: one to put behind the pig, and one on either side. And let the dancing gnomes dance all around the ugly pig. Much to my surprise, Phoenix did not go for the idea. Yeah, I KNOW! It astounded me too!

But the main point of this post, is that while we were eating, this couple was seated a few tables away from us. And as they sat down, I recognized the woman as a teacher I had back in 6th grade, Mrs. Kugler. I told Phoenix that’s who she was, and he said I should go over and say hi. But I scoffed at him, there’s no way she’d remember me.

So at the conclusion of our meal, we got up and as I was putting on my coat I happened to look in her direction. She was looking right at me. So I nodded politely. And then she said, "Polt?"
I practially squealed with delight! I ran over to her and said, "Mrs. Kugler, I can’t belive you remembered me, that was 30 years ago!" (it was actually 28 years ago, but in moments of excitement I tend to round up…that’s why my estimates of my hookups’ penis sizes are always so far off. But I digress…) She kinda sighed and said, "Was it really? And here I am still teaching." I told her that was good as she was a good teacher. And then she told me remembered me because I was a memorable student. I thanked her, but didn’t want to interrupt her meal, so we said goodbye. And we left.

And all the rest of the night, while riding in Phoenix’s car, I sang, "I’m unforgettable, that’s what I am. I’m very memorable, yes I am." And I was once again astounded by Phoenix, that he did not shove me out of the car before we got home.

POLT Listening to "I Don't Like Mondays" by Tori Amos

I haven't had a chance to talk, but I'm confident we'll get a bill that I can live with if we don't. - George W. Bush

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I might suggest something equally tacky to go with the pig might I suggest a pink flamingo.

And the teacher thing. I remember, I was 27 years old and I ran into the nun who taught me in the 1st grade, Sister Mary Florentia.

She was the one who approached me. I was floored that this nun remembered me.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I had been there to see if she remembered me as well. Of course being that I am 9 years younger than you would probably help her out. We all know it would not be that reason that she remembered me it would of course be my unforgettableness.