Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Manure, so with a flow and spray....

I live and work in seperate towns. In between are several small little villages, hamlets, and family farms. I expect to experience farm smells while traveling along these roads. However, let me tell you, it's a whole new level of odiferous adventures when someone laid out farm animal waste to bake in the sun, heat, and humidity for hours on end.

Got nasty nose hairs? Oh, this'll burn them RIGHT away! This is something you city folk can only imagine.

......lucky bastards......

POLT = listening to "Nothing Really Matters" by Madonna

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin & Hobbes

2 comments:

.- said...

I had forgotten that smell.. in cali I often had to drive through dairy country... no farms, just poor cows fighting for the right to be queen of the manure pile for the day.
and yeah - the dead ones on the side of the road.. . can only be topped when one day I was behind a slow moving vehicle.
I had to stop suddenly and almost ran into the pole sticking out the back. It came just inches from my windshield.
As I cursed under my breath at the driver for not red flagging it - I looked at it a bit longer and realized .. it was some poor deceased bovine's LEG!
mmmmmmmmmmmm who wants milk!

Polt said...

ummmm, I didn't actually mean a dead cow was along the road, I meant they had spread cow shit out all over the fields and it was laying there, baking in the June sun.

Although your dead cow stories were....well, morbid. :P

Thanks for sharing.