Monday, June 12, 2006

You got to show me love...

Just got back from getting the photos of Pride developed, and thought I'd post a few here. Now, mind you, I took a little over 50 photos total, I'm not posting all of them here. Only 12 or so. Just to give you an idea.


Random cute guy in rainbow skirt holding bucket for donations.























I LOVE the little kid on the tricycle with the "I love my dads" sign!
















Random hot guy handing out something...who knows...who cares?












DC gay aqautic team. Guys in Speedos with water guns, other guys made up like Esther Williams and re-enacting scene from her movies, and, oh, did I mention guys in Speedos? What's NOT to like?












I'm sorry this didn't turn out better. It's froma club or something called Fuego, with a float full of Hispanics, naturally! Hey, any float that has a beauty pagent winner, Indian, cute twinkie wearing a fig leaf and WONDER WOMAN, all Hispanic, is worth a photo, dontcha think?










I don't remember what part of the parade these guys were from, I mean what group they were in...and really is it any surprise? Short briefs, and wings...black wing....its kind of a surprise I remembered to take the photo.

Are they angels...or because of the black, demons? Like i'd care one way or the other, right?





A drag queen all in red with purple hari certainly warrants a photo, don't you think?














I'm not much into the whole cowboy scene, really. But when a flatbed full of them, shirtless, dancing pulls in front of me, well, it would just be disrespectful NOT to take a photo, right?













There's a club down there called Freddie;s. This was the I Love Lucy drag queen riding in front of the float. Upon request, she did Lucy's "WHAAAA!" and made us all laugh.











This is the float behind Lucy, part of it anyway. There were a number of people on it, dancing to the music being played. I, however, and without my surprise I'm sure, was concentrating on these two primarily.



















Yeah, I can't recall what this float was for either, but again, I ask, does it really matter?













I I heart PFLAG! Unforunately, the photo taken of me and the PFLAG mom didn't come out. But I DO have a photo of the group as a whole!











And this is the four of us, Ag, Troy, Me and Gar, after the parade. A fun time was had by all. I'm not sure I mentioned it before, but it was Troy and Gar's first time down to Pride, and they were the first gay people I had taken down! so it was a Pride of firsts...of sorts.

POLT - listening to "BReaking The Girl" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Any religion that makes fanatical claims and demands on the basis of a god's will frightens me. - Pandora

4 comments:

DC said...

glad you had fun darlin!! the parade was a lot of fun and judging from your pictures I think you may have been standing very clsoe to chip and I

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great photos. I have not been to a major pride event for years. I need to get to one soon.

Onanite

Joel said...

Thanks for sharing your photos and it was so nice of you to "Break IN" those cute boys.

Polt said...

Dale: a chance encounter with royalty and i missed it!

Onanite: Oh yeah, you gotta go. The parade is always so much fun!

Jacky: oh if only I COULD have loved a parade full of cuties...but all I could do was watch them go by. No loving involved. :)

Scotty: I WISH i had gotten to "break them in" but I think it was too late for that. :P they did have fun at thier first Pride though!