Wednesday, March 26, 2008

And for that you'll be the better one...

I was watching Hardball with Chris Matthews this evening. Pat Buchanan was one of the pundits and after he had completed one thought, I said to myself something I thought I'd NEVER hear myself say: "Ya know, that's right. Pat Buchanan is right."

When I woke up from my fainting spell, and thought back on it, I realized that, yeah, that's what I thought.

Pat said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Hillary Clinton shouldn't drop out of the race. She still has a shot at the nomination. It's a long shot, but a shot nonetheless. And therefore, there's not reason for her to drop out. But what she should NOT be doing is attacking the guy that's in front of her. She needs to win the nomination by showing why she's the better candidate, not why Obama is the worse candidate." My GOD, who knew Pat Buchanan would ever be right about ANYthing?

And he IS right. And I tell ya this, slinging mud and going negative on Obama is NOT showing herself as the "better" candidate.

POLT Listening to "Countdown With Keith Olbermann"

"I'm off duty. I told them I had a family crisis." "Why?" "Because life is short and you are hot." - Detective, Dr. Who

2 comments:

G-Man said...

2 in a row!!!
Yahtzee!!!!
Anyway, hows about doing a 55 tomorrow, and telling me about it???
...Or Susie if you prefer!...G

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I once heard him say something and thought I'd been teleported to another universe. I was all set to call a shrink.

That said, if Clinton keeps this shit up she's going to destroy any chance the Dem party has of getting the presidency. She's pursuing a scorched earth tactic here.