Thursday, March 27, 2008

They're quite stationary, all of my action figures are cherry...

This week, as every week, I went Wednesday to Atomic Comics to get my weekly fix of the comic books (oh like you don't have a somewhat embarrassing hobby. Shut up.) I purchased the books that had arrived that week. As I was walking back out through the store, I noticed Luke (that's the owner) had the second series of NEW Justice League Of America Action Figures. Having gotten the first series, I was naturally curious what the going price for them was.

He said, if I was going to get all 4 together, they were gonna be $60 dollars. But if I wanted them now, he'd cut me a break on them. I said sure. He said he'd make it $55 total, taxes included.

I said sure. I mean, the going price for them is $14.95, before taxes. That comes to $59.80, and then factoring in the taxes, it comes to about $66.39. And i was getting them for $55, a price of roughly $13.75 a piece. WHAT A BARGAIN!

I know, I know, I'm a geek. But come on, I haven't done drugs since college, I haven't been drunk for....years. I don't gamble (except in the $2 football pools at work). I don't spend my money on loose women (well, technically on ANY women, but I'm making a point here). If I wanna spend $55 on a few dolls, um, er, ACTION figures, well then where's the harm?

And just look at them!


They're SCHWEET!


Not as cool as the first series directly above, I mean it's tough to beat Superman in anything, but still.....

POLT Listening to "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane

"Was that the first time someone sang the Star Spangled Banner into your ass?" "No." - Ceth, Shortbus

4 comments:

Stephen R. said...

I saw these today at my comic book shop and I LOVE them. I want the Red Arrow and the Batman BAD!!!!

Bunny said...

Cool stuff at a bargain price - I think it's great! My husband makes Star Wars and Star Trek models and I try not to call them toys. After all, his geekiness was part of what I found adorable way back when.

Anonymous said...

I so wish I had a cheap hobby like that. Instead what are mine, electronics and robotics. Not necessarily expensive but not that cheap either. Good thing I get free samples of computer chips.

Anonymous said...

cool you spend your money as you want

Onanite