Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm gonna change the rules, and i don't care...

I see that Hillary said today, in regard to the Michigan and Florida delegates, that she and Obama have only two options: to seat the delegations as are, or to have new primaries.



I respectfully disagree.

Before a single vote was cast in this primary season, the National Democratic Party told Michigan and Florida that if they chose to have thier elections earlier than the National Party wanted, that the delegations would NOT be seated at the convention. And Michigan and Florida went ahead with thier early primaries anyway. Hillary, Obama, Edwards and the other candidates agreed, again before a single vote was cast in Iowa, to abide by that decision and to not even campaign in those two states. And they didn't. And in fact, Obama and Edwards, I believe, went so far as to have thier names withdrawn from the ballot in Michigan.

Both Hillary and Obama knew the delegations wouldn't be seated at the convention. both of them agreed to those terms. And that should be the end of it.

This whole thing is yet another reason that Hillary leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Let me state again, should Hillary legitimately get the nomination, I will fully support her for president. But her complaining about this, whining about Michigan and Florida (both of which she won, by the way), smacks yet again of the Clinton's history of winning at any cost and winning dirty if they have to. She's doing this; going negative in campaigning against Obama;, stating that she thinks superdelegates can vote anyway they want, irregardless of who has the most delegates, states won, or popular votes; in fact going as far as to say pledged delegates really don't 'have' to vote for the candidate they were elected to go there and vote for. And while none of these things are technically illegal, it just strikes me that I don't hear anything like this coming from the Obama campaign. Its kind of like, the rules they agreed on are hindering Hillary, so she wants to change the rules of the game in the middle of it.

I dread the next six weeks, since I live in PA, I'm gonna get bombarded with more of this crap. Thank God I no longer have my house phone and just rely on my cellphone, or I'm sure I'd be swamped with phone calls as well.

POLT Listening to "Jump Around" by House of Pain

You're so far ahead of the rest of us, you're not even in the same time zone as the rest of us. - Nightwing, The Outsiders #47

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Several things:

1) I agree with you fully that there should be no further talk of any do-overs for Michigan and/or Florida. They knew what they were getting into and they broke the rules. Any do-overs would set a terrible precident for any kind of rules and regulations everywhere. If anything, look into the rules and regulations to see if they need changing for next time.

2) Hillary did not win Michigan or Florida since the delegates will not be counted. I noticed that finally the maps on the news channels are showing the colors of Michigan and Florida to reflect that neither Hillary or Barrack won those states. With both Obama and Edwards not even on the ballot in Michigan how could anyone say that Clinton won?

3) "irregardless" is not a word. look it up in the dictionary. the word is "regardless". well-spoken democrats should not use words that are not in the dictionary.

The more time passes the more I don't want to vote for Hillary. Not because she's a woman. I think if she were more of a woman she would appeal to me more. Much as I liked Mr. Bill in the white house I don't want to see him there trying to play second fiddle. Maybe if she grew some balls and started divorce proceedings right now I would consider voting for her.

I won't vote for McCain or Nader either. Who knows if I might not get hit by a bus by then. Or maybe Bushwack will have started WWIII and the nukes will have obliterated some of us. November is a long way off.

Furry Godfather.