Friday, March 07, 2008

I can smell the onions floating in the air...

Funny how things change. All my life, I've hated onions. I hated the smell of them, I hated biting into a large piece of one. I'd eat them if they were diced up, like on a fast foo burger, or in mom's chili. But they had to be cut up pretty small.

I loved getting subs, with onions, and then leaving the sub in the fridge for a few hours before I ate it. I'd take the onions off, cause I hated biting into them, but by that time, the onion flavoring, which I did like the taste of, had worked its way into the bun and stuff. And I readily ate and enjoyed that.

So, not too long ago, when I got a sub, this time I decided to keep the onions on. And I ate it, and I really didn't mind biting into the onion. Since that time, I've eaten many subs with onions, many sandwiches with onions, put onions on hamburgers and stuff to improve the taste. And just last week, I for the first time ate, and enjoyed, onion rings.

A whole new world of culinary delight is now open to me. But I still hate liver.

POLT Listening to my silent apartment Oil: 105.31 (-.16); Gas: 3.14 (-)

Look, I threw a car at the last guy who called me fat. Just a reminder. - Barda, Birds Of Prey #103

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onion rings are the best. I love the Taste of them.

Bunny said...

I'm with you on the liver, dude. When a friend of mine was in medical school, she confirmed my belief that no good can come from eating organ meats. Think about it: liver, kidneys - they are designed to filter out waste. Waste. Do you really want to eat that? No sirree!

My daughter eats raw onions. Not just sweet onions either. Just onions. She's a weird kid.

Anonymous said...

I too won't eat organ meat or neuro-meat.

I'll stick to standard cuts thank you.

As to onions, I never really cared for them when I was younger. Now just about everything gets an onion starter, sauces, etc.