Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It ain't over, til it's over...

So Hillary won Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island. What does this mean? It means a protracted fight in Pennsylvania. Who knew my state would even matter? i figured everything would be done, over and decided right after Super Tuesday...shows what I know.

This worries me. We will now have 7 weeks of the candidates hitting every part of Pennsylvania...which might mean they might even come near here, no matter how unlikely that seems. The primary season so far is only like 8 weeks old, so basically, we've got all the time that's happened so far since Iowa, for them to fight it out here.

Geez, I'm gonna get so many pieces of junk mail.... And the TV and radio ads! Luckily, I don't have a house phone anymore to get political calls on. For seven freaking weeks....

I'm worried because I fear Obama and Hillary beating each other up in PA, and slowly using up all the money, and making attacks that the now united Republicans can save and use again later. I worry Hillary's gonna go negative again, since it appears the idiotic "phone call at 3am" commerical helped her in Ohio. I imagine I'll see and hear a LOT more of that kinda crap in the upcoming weeks. And I really hope it doesn't damage either candidate too much.

I've been saying for weeks, if it's decided by PA's primary, I'm going to vote for Edwards, because he's the one I really want, and if it's decided already it doesn't hurt to throw my vote away on him. But if it still mattered, I'd vote for Obama. And I probably still will. but bear in mind, I will support Hillary in November, if she gets the nomination too. Actively, passionately, probably even monetarily too. Not only will I vote myself, but I'll make certain my friends here in PA go vote as well. I'll drive my grandmother to the polls if I have to. And I'll even talk to my relatives and try to get them to help.I'll do everything I can to ensure the Democrat, whichever one it may be, wins.

I honestly just want the Democratic race to be over, either way. I want the candidate, whomever it is, to start running against McCain and not against another Democrat. And when it finally IS decided, I hope, I sincerely hope, that all Democrats, Obama-ites, Hillary-ites, others, will back the candidate and work for them too. We all, in the party, got to realize that no matter how much we want the candidate we support to get the nomination, what's REALLY MOST important is getting a Democrat back in the White House to work with the Democratic Congress in fixing out probelms ,and not against it.

But geez....seven weeks....my head hurts already....

POLT Listening to "Flounders Mashups" on DC101 Online

Gays supporting Republicans are like chickens supporting Colonel Sanders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't really like Hillary Clinton, I consider her a thoroughly corrupted politician. Obama hasn't been in DC long enough to be completely corrupted.

Then I consider Clinton's time in service on the Board of Directors at Walmart to be the biggest issue.

You all know I'm anti-corporate rights. I feel that they have exercised undue influence on our lives. I do not say this lightly as a small business owner.