Friday, March 14, 2008

End of the week, the weekend started...

What was my week like, you ask? Gee, thanks for asking! I'll tell you.



Sunday, I went to see Rent. I went with Ag, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking, and his wife. I think it was the tenth time Ag and I saw it (once in Toronto, three times in Baltimore, five or six in DC). The other two were Rent virgins. We saw in Baltimore at the Hippodrome. Very nice theater. The performance itself was not the best we had ever seen, which was unfortunate, cause it was probably the last time we'd get to see it, since the Broadway production of Rent is supposed to stop this June. The best time of the day, I think, came when we attempted to leave Baltimore. The Garmin wasn't picking up any satellites, and, despite my suggestion of one, we had no map or computer Mapquest printout. So ALCMDPP and I had to fight over the Garmin, because I thought he shouldn't attempt driving AND reading the Garmin at the same time and he, well, ALCMDPP is apparently a control freak when he's driving. At least the ladies in the backseat got quite a few laughs out of our arguing. And we all survived the trip out of Baltimore, despites ALCMDPP's mantra "We're gonna die." that he repeated quite a bit until we got service on the Garmin.

Monday, I gave Mom her birthday present a week early. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but, in summary, I got lots of people who knew her to wish her a happy 65th birthday and then I made a movie out of the various clips and burned it onto a DVD for her. I ended up with somewhere about 48 different clips, and over 8 minutes of film. So loved it. At the end, she cried. She said it was just so nice of everyone to do that. But now, everyone knew she was gonna be 65. God love her.

Tuesday, I woke up with a skull splitter of a headache. At first I thought it might be a migraine, but when I wasn't nauseaus and light didn't bother me, I knew it wasn't. I called in and took the day off, then took some Advil and went back to bed. When I got up around 2:00, I still had a slight headache, but it was more like a hangover....and I hadn't had anything to drink. So I spent the day just laying around the house.

Wednesday, I had my monthly cut-N-color, so the gray is now gone from my hair. Also, that night Don called me again. We spoke for about 20 minutes. he said he wanted to stop by Friday night, but it was going to be a really busy day, so he might not be able to. We decided to get together again on Sunday.



Thursday, after work, I went to eat with Phoenix. We had Mexican, which was my suggestion, cause I was wanted some salsa and chips so bad, I'd have given my left lung for some. Afterwards, we went to his place. He and Mrs. Phoenix had bought thier own home in February. This was my first time seeing it. A townhouse. Three floors. high ceilings. Very nice. Still a bit...sterile, for my tastes, but they had only been living there for like a month and half, so it was all still like new-ish. It'll look more lived in the longer they live there.

Friday, not much going on. Don called again tonight. He was tired, sitting at home, a bit bored despite his busy day, and wanted to smile. And so he called me cause hearing me always makes him smile. (swoooooon) Neither of us can wait for Sunday to get here.

And now it's the weekend. Work tomorrow, Dr. Who and Torchwood tomorrow night. And then Sunday, if everything stays on plan, Don again. Yeah, now I'm smiling too.

POLT Listening to "Bitter Sweet Symphony Vs Changes" by Mark Harold

I've been in a meeting for hours and I have to pee like a son of a bitch, can I call you back? - Joanne, Grief

3 comments:

Stephen R. said...

Don sounds great! Hearing you always makes him smile? That's heaven.

Anonymous said...

Nice synopsis of your week. Don sounds cool, have a good time on Sunday.

Onanite

Sexy Duet said...

Good to hear your Mum loved the present, that was such a great idea.

Have a great weekend, I am sure your Sunday will be fantastic :)

Ms SD