Monday, June 22, 2009

Anything, just to make your dreams, just to make your dreams...

Weird dream last night.

Heather, Mark and I were at my mom's house playing "Road To The White House" this board game I have. Heather got a phone call, so while she was on the phone, I decided to take a shower. The shower in mom's bathroom was narrower than usual, and I had trouble even standing in it without the curtains on the inside of the doors draping over me and getting all wet. It seemed to take forever. Finally, after showering and dressing, I left the bathroom and in the room outside was a co-worker of mine, doing the ironing. She was mom's new cleaning lady. And while she's a fine person, she is rather loud and talk-ish, and I didn't know if she was appropriate for a cleaning job at mom's house. I decided to tell her that when I next saw her. When I went downstairs, Mark had left, leaving just Heather, so we cleaned up the game. And then dad came up from the basement with an armful of wood to put on the woodstove to keep the heat going. And I warned him about co-worker being upstairs and cleaning, and he shook his head resignedly. And then I woke up.

Not only is the dream itself strange, BUT, I used to work with Heather from 1990-93, and I haven't seen her in person for at least 10 years, although we've exchanged emails and Christmas cards. I've not seen Mark since he moved back to Michigan about 5 years ago. And of course dad's been dead since 2007. Mom doesn't use the woodstove to heat anymore. I haven't played Road To The White House for several years, neither Mark nor Heather ever played the game with me, and in fact, they've never once met each other.

I suppose Freud would have fun with the dream, but for me, dreams are just weird.

POLT Listening to "Sugar Ray" by the Jesus And Mary Chain Oil: 67.14 (-2.88); Gas: 2.62 (-)

Usually, one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature. - John Gielgud, Arthur

1 comment:

Tam said...

Must have been a night for weird dreams. I had a really wacky one too but no one in it I knew except the kid.