Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ramshackle day parade, we're going on through...

Tonight, Corey called me. *Le SIGH* It was the first time we talked in a few weeks cause we've both been busy with other stuff. So we talked comic books for a bit, as you do. Then he asked me what I was doing this weekend. I mentioned going to the ParisPeking's Friday night (which I should have some nifty photos from, as always) and Saturday I'm going to DC Capitol Pride for the Gay Pride Parade. I mentioned I was going with a girl from work.

And he says, "Wha? I wanna go too!" I was shocked. Previously, in one of our earliest conversations he said he couldn't understand Gay Pride celebrations, cause he doesn't get a White Man celebration (yeah, we talked about that one for quite some time). And he further said he didn't like parades in general.

I reminded him of that and he said, "Well, yeah, but I'm sure there will be someone there to ridicule. If no one else, well you'll be there." and he laughed. When I asked if he was serious, he said he surely was and that "It should be fun". So I told him that it was great he was going, cause if we've got a cute 20 year old shirtless guy standing with us, we'll get much much more stuff thrown our way! His response, "Hmm, well I'll have to work on my abs between now and then." Then I said maybe just a wifebeater would be enough, and he said "I'll wear one. And if it's hot, I can still take off my shirt." Pffft, like I was gonna say anything to disuade him of THAT idea!

This is gonna be SO awesome. I mean, it was gonna be awesome to begin with, with my co-worker going along. But now it's even moreso with Corey. Sweet.

POLT Listening to "The Ghost In You" by The Psychedelic Furs

Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethics.

No comments: