Monday, June 22, 2009

Just how come, these smell of bitter almonds...

One day last week, I went over to Mom's. I knew she wasn't there, but she was on her way home. I opened the door, and didn't see or hear Angel, which is very unusual. She's always at the door, toy cluthed between her jaws, just waiting for whomever is coming in. But not this time. Then I looked across the room and saw this:

It's a bunch of Jordan almonds spread across the floor. I called Angel's name, and she came running in from another room, but as soon as she saw me, she stopped, her stub of a tail went down, and she looked away from me, at the wall. I asked if she had done this, in a very disapproving tone. She turned around and skulked back out of the room.

I sat down near the mess and called her again. She slowly and warily came in and sat at my feet, but as you can see from this photo:

She sat between my feet and sat facing away from me. I had to call her name three times before she'd look at me.

I didn't clean anything up, cause I wanted Mom to see it when she got home. But Angel and I waited outside, just to ensure she wouldn't eat any more of them. When mom showed up, Angel was all jumping up and stuff like she normally does. I warned Mom Angel did something. Mom went inside, Angel followed all happy, but as soon as she was in the door, her stub went down again and she started skulking out of the room again.

Mom and I cleaned them up. Apparently, Mom had left the bag of almonds in a bag full of yarn on the floor, and Angel got into it. She ripped the bag into about three pieces, and attempted to eat some of them, as about two of them were in little pieces and several others were all sticky with dog spit. But Jordan almonds are pretty hard and difficult to chew, so she gave up after a few.

And she KNEW she had done something wrong, cause she didn't come to the door, and as soon as she entered the room, her stub went down. Anyway, she just got a few disapproving words from me and mom. Mom felt it was her fault cause she left the bag on the floor and she knows Angel gets into anything she can.

But really, how can anyone stay mad at something that, a bit later, jumps up on the couch and looks like this?


POLT Listening to "Rock Lobster" by the B-52's

We're trapped in the middle of nowhere and a giant gorilla is chasing us. How are we saved? - Raven, Teen Titans

10 comments:

Michelle M. said...

That dog is guilty with a capital G. Luckily she's also cute with a Capital C.

Almonds - good. Candy - good.
Jordan almonds - yuck.

that's J-O-S-H said...

OMGAWDERSKATEZ. Pastel-colored candy in general gives me a case of da headacherz. But Jordan Almonds in particular make me want to die. VOMZ.

Tam said...

Awwww. Look at that face. How could you not forgive such a cutie? I've never had Jordan Almonds but if even a dog won't eat them I'll pass.

Virginia Rose Kane said...

Naughty dog. Tee hee.

Anonymous said...

The experts say dogs don't know that it's wrong but all the evidence I've seen says otherwise.

A dog definitely knows when it has done something it shouldn't have.

Reminds me of a cat we once had for 14 years. Emily was a dainty little thing and we had her since she was 6 weeks old. But she had this predilection for trash. You'd find her perched on the edge of the garbage can and digging with the other paw.

Anonymous said...

oh bad doggie! They definitely know when they have done something wrong.

Onanite

john said...

Oh what a naughty little girl..who totally would get away with it if she were mine!

My theory on Jordan Almonds is that only one batch was made and it was never eaten, just passed from woman to woman at wedding and baby showers.

tornwordo said...

Aww, they're just like little kids aren't they. So cute.

hoteltuesday said...

Josh: lol!

Polt: My dog does that all the time. But he only does the part about looking regretful and walking slowly and stuff. He never reaches the 'jumps on the couch and looks cute' part since he's a jerk.

stratcat45 said...

We always tell Keyser "It's a good thing you're cute!"