Thursday, June 25, 2009

Put on my poker face, and try to figure it out...

I have done something that actually has shamed me. I toyed with the idea of not even mentioning it here, but you guys know pretty much everything about me, so why not this too?

On the way home from work, I was flipping around through the stations (cause radio sucks, thank God for giving us iPods), and I stumbled upon this song I had never heard before. It was a pop tune obviously, but it had a nice beat and lyrics I could understand. It didn't sound like Britney, I thought maybe Pink? I don't know, I know nothing about current pop music diva wannabes. But I listened to it all the way through, bobbing my head and singing along with the catchy chorus.

Only once it ended did I hear who sang it. And when I did, I gasped and damn ran off the road. It was Lady Ga-Ga singing "Pokerface".

Oh yeah, I KNOW! Imagine MY shock!

I haven't heard anything she's done, but I always though she was just an undertalented, overhyped, big PR moneymaking machine, ya know like Britney (sorry Enrickyricardo). but upon hearing this, I think....well, she's still an undertalented, overhyped, big PR moneymaking machine. But I like the song. And here's the video:


Lady GaGa - Pokerface Live

It's a 'live' perfromance, so it's not as good usually, but I wasn't able to get the video (stupid embedding denied requests). And after the song ends there's about a minute of innanity with two hosts of whatever this show is, so you can ignore that. But even if you don't like her or the song, she's got three hot backup dancers which, unfortunately, remain fully shirted throughout the entire performance. I know, it disappoineted me too.

And what's even worse, when I got home....I bought Pokerface from iTunes. *groan* I am SO ashamed.

POLT Listening to "Pokerface" by Lady GaGa

And Black Canary said a buzzsaw arrow would be self-indulgent. - Green Arrow, Justice League Unlimited

7 comments:

Tam said...

Oh sweetie. Its okay. I have it on my ipod, along with her new one as well. I find her annoying personally (she seems to have issues about wearing pants) but she does have a catchy tune going. And at the Much Music Video Awards in Toronto on Sunday her boobies were shooting sparks. What more could you want?

Polt said...

Spark shooting boobs??? Now THAT'S something I wanna see done on HotelTuesdays Project Runway! :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

She likes American girls too........ Lesbo

Onanite

john said...

I've heard of her, but before today, I'd never heard any of her songs.

For the record, I came out from behind that rock, not from under it.

Anonymous said...

Dude, where have you been? She has three songs currently floating around on the airwaves. The album isn't too bad if you like the dance style music.

Also, you'd be proud of me. About a month ago I bought the Muse, Studio Album Collection. I figured it covered most of their good stuff. I've been very happy with it.

john said...

Polt: I downloaded this song to give it a real listen and I am addicted. It's not a great song, but has a great refrain and a good hook.

You realize I hateses you now...

must resist urge to make lame joke about poking her face....

Polt said...

john: I hateses me too. :(

HUGS...