Friday, June 26, 2009

Just because my teeth are pearly...

A few weeks ago, a tooth I have become very VERY sensitive to heat. I mean, a drink of coffee or a spoonful of soup cause the pain to shoot up from my tooth into my upper jaw. It was horrible. And it was weird, cause when it was hurting from something hot, if I drank something cold, the pain went away. Crazy. I very carefully ate and drank on the other side.

And I knew I'd have to go to the dentist. I was afraid I'd have to get another tooth yanked outta my head, or that it might be under the tooth I have a crown on. But I kept putting it off hoping that it would just go away.

And after about two weeks, it did in fact just go away on its own. Now, just today, it's started to get sensitive to some cold. Which sucks. Totally.

I HATE tooth pain. But I hate having teeth pulled even more. I think I'll wait a bit to see if the sensitivity to cold goes away too. I'm such a tooth pain coward.

POLT Listening to "Crazy" by Patsy Cline

Between impulse and action, there is a realm of good taste begging for your acquaintance. - The Doctor, Star Trek: Voyager

6 comments:

FDot said...

Dentist. Better to have it solved now, then possibly make it worse by waiting.

Polt said...

Yeah, I know FDot, that's what I keep telling myself...right up until the time it comes to call the dentist for an appointment. Then I just take some advil and figure it'll go away. *SIGH*

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

I hate the dentist I am such a baby I have not been for 10 years. I know that is gross, but I have not been for that long.

My teeth are probably shot. For sure.

Onanite

Michelle M. said...

Another vote for dentist. You don't want it to get worse (abscess/infection). The root canal I just had started from something like you're describing. Cold was the only thing that helped. Hope it's nothing, but it's always better to get it checked out.

Oh yeah, and you don't want it to turn into anything expensive.

Mark said...

Polt: You need to see my Dentist, Dr. Beautiful Face Hot Body. Last time he pulled a tooth I just stared at his beautiful green eyes. I never felt any pain!

hoteltuesday said...

Well I got a root canal last Tuesday and a filling last Thursday....
And I'm fine! I don't mind the dentist. I like the music they play there while working on my teethz.