Thursday, August 13, 2009

BITS-N-PIECES

Okay, the estimates for the electrical work are about $2000, and there's a bit of work for a carpenter and that estimate is $700 or so. So the repairs are gonna cost about $3000. My realtor called to say the seller's realtor was faxing the estimates to the seller and my realtor felt the seller would either pay for them herself or give me a credit towards paying them. I told her I didn't care either way, I just needed all that stuff fixed before settlement so I could get the loan AND insurance. Today, my realtor called back and said the seller was going to pay for all of it! Sweet. And she was going to talk to the electrician to see about starting the work. AND she mentioned that she had spoken to both my lender AND the insurance company. So it's kinda like she's doing all this stuff for me. Well, I had to contact the lender and the insurance, but now my realtor's handling it all. Which is awesome.

And my realtor told me she set the settlement up for August 31st, at 4:00, at her office. And she'll let all the interested parties know. SO know, I basically have to do nothing until the 31st.

And I gotta tell you, now that the date's set offically, it's just become so...real to me. And it frightens the crap outta me. I mean, I was always planning on having it the 31st, but nothing was set in stone...and now it is. Geez, it looks like I'm gonna be a home owner in 18 days! Holy Christ, that makes me nervous...but in a good way.
************************
And that leads right into this: I'm stressed. I don't usually feel stress, so I;m just assuming this is stress, but I don't like it. I'm irritable, grouchy, I feel like there's a bunch of stuff I should be doing, not only packing here at home, but when I'm at work as well, and I don't feel as if I'm getting anything done. I mean, everything really going quite well, both at work, home and with the house, but I still am just expecting...something to happen. I don't know. But if this IS actually stress, its no wonder people flip out if they have it all the time. And I never appreciated how great it was to NOT be stressful until I wasn't!
************************
Weather's much better, so that's a good thing. Still warm, but the humidity has evaporated, thank GOD! I HATE humidity.
***********************
Oh, and Tuesday, I had to talk to the Secret Service. They interviews me for about twenty minutes. I don't usually talk about work in specifics, but one of our clients made statements about blowing up the White House and Capitol. So of course, the Secret Service had to be told. And I was the one told to make the call. And they were up from Baltimore within two and a half hours. They interviewed me and then a few other employees and then the client himself for several hours. And one of them...oh my GOD, he was hot! I don't think I even looked at the other guy when they were questioning me, even when the other guy asked the question. He truly WAS all that. And a co-worker they interviewed, who also knows I'm gay, agreed that he was hot, and she said she'd fight me for him, and fight to maim if necesary. That's how hot this particular agent was. He shoulda been walking the runways in Milan, not sitting behind a desk in Baltimore. Preferably in tight underwear. On the runways, I mean. Or behind the desk, who cares, just so long as i could see him in it!
**********************
Didn't get any packing done tonight. I just stared at the boxes of CD's and kept thinking how much work was ahead of me. But instead of doing something about it, like packing up, I avoided it altogether. Which probably didn't help my stress level all that much.
***********************
Well, to lighten my stress load, I give us all a relaxing photo. Enjoy.


Actually, I'm not sure how relaxing it is, but it's sure got my mind off of packing!

POLT Listening to "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor

Psychotic villains are a lot like family. You don't get to choose. - Green Arrow, Green Arrow #48

7 comments:

that's J-O-S-H said...

I think that picture is awkward. His face looks really blushed like he just sad sumfing embarrassing/was punched and who sitz @ the beach like that?! His taint is gonna become a sand-city if he doesn't watch himself!

Anonymous said...

Try to relax buddy, I know this is a stressful time for you. You don't need nutcases at work to help your situation.

Onanite

Tam said...

So glad things are moving forward smoothly on the house front.

"fight to maim" LOL Made me chuckle out loud. Girls fight dirty too so be careful. :-)

Polt said...

Sassy josh: Perhaps you should pose for us in a speedo to show us how one SHOULD do it. :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Before you know it, it'll be all over and then you'll be a regular mortgage payer.

Accelerate the hell out of the mortgage though. Try to kick $100 extra a month and a couple thousand at tax time. It shortens a 30 year mortgage to about 12 to 14 years.

I keep trying to get my friend in Georgia to do that. I told her, it's an opportunity cost. Secure the housing first then go out and play.

Michelle M. said...

Packing/moving stinks. But you'll get it done and soon you'll be in your new home! yay!!

Anonymous said...

I think it's best the seller is fixing everything before you move it. Glad it is all working out for you.