Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When I was twelve, in summer camp (Part 22)...

12 for the 12th
August 2009 edition

All this is the brainchild of CHAD. Check out his blog for a bunch of other people who played along today as well.


12:02am
What the HELL am I doing still up and awake at this hour?


7:23am
I decided that I had a lot I needed to do today, so I called in and took the day off. And then went back to sleep for another hour.


12:06pm
Mom and I went on some errands and for lunch. I forgot to get a photo of the tasty Mexican food we had, but I did remember to get a photo inside Atomic Comics, where I get my weekly Wednesday supply of new comics.


2:30pm
My cable splitter went on the fritz last night. I know this only cause I called the cable company when my Internet went tits up. After talking me through a few things, sexy sounding James had me test the splitter and it was the problem. So today, I had to get a new one, and I hooked everything up. Which is pretty amazing. And anyone out there who knows me personally can vouch for how menchanically inept I am.


4:08pm
I actually did some packing today. I got all my CD's packed up. I had intended on doing more, but frankly, after that I was kinda discouraged. I mean, my CD's filled up an 18 gallon tub, two boxes AND a show box. And the number of CD's pales in comparison to the amount of books and comic books I have. I am NEVER gonna get everything all packed in time. And even worse, where am I gonna get enough boxes, and where am I gonna STORE them in here until it's moving time???


5:32pm
I got a wedding invitation RSVP card, a late birthday card, and just a general 'hi how ya doin, here's some Disney stickers' card for my lil cousin Cam.


5:48pm
Having gotten the mail prepared, I took a short (cause it was SO freakin' humid out) walk over to the Post Office to mail them. Coming in the door, I always see this cut out, explaining the boxes, but all I see a cut guy in a mailman uniform. I wanna see how HIS box works, not the Post Office ones.


5:55pm
Walking over to Mom's, iPod playing some Radiohead, sweating like a pig in the humidity. Thank God is wasn't really hot, only low 80's. It would have been so much more worse if it was hotter.


6:08pm
Mom wasn't home. What was worse, she didn't even have the a/c on! So I turned on the central air, shut the windows, and turned on a ceiling fan to cool off. Oh, and because Angel asked me to. I mean, being a dog in a fur coat in this heat and humidity was killing her, ya know?


6:23pm
And having cooled off, Angel sat next to me and showed me her appreciation by letting me pet her head and back. And a few tummy rubs thrown in for good measure.


8:00pm
A late supper. Marie Callender's Stuffed Pasta Medley, with Manicotti, Shell & Ravioli Cheese Stuffed Pastas with Broccoli; a sweet Pepsi; and the latest book I'm reading. Filled with statistics and much drier than I expected. The book, not the pasta.


9:10pm
My weekly supply of books. Actually, this one was a larger than average sized week. I normally spend between $20 and $30 a week. This batch cost me about $47 and change. But now I have PLENTY to read tonight. And tomorrow night. And possibly Friday as well.

POLT Listening to "All The Things She Said" by Simple Minds

Oh what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'NI!' at will to old ladies! - Roger The Shrubber, Monty Python And The Holy Grail

8 comments:

FDot said...

Good God man, did you step on a crack in the sidewalk? You do know what that does?

tornwordo said...

That's quite a habit you've got there. I regret selling all my comics (and even moreso my cd's) when I moved to Canada.

Alex said...

Great taste in comics, man :) Also glad to see I'm not the only one who picks up R.E.B.E.L.S.

poof said...

wooo

xmen

but i prefer mine in paperback and hardcovers

they last time a little longer

haha

Dogeared said...

Enjoy the many comics you have there - I think money's well spent when it's on something you enjoy.

Chris said...

It's only in the 80s? We'll be right up!

My partner has a whole bunch of comics. They currently reside in the guest bedroom closet ... in lots and lots of boxes...

Nice 12 :)

Sunny Archibald said...

Moving....I feel for you. I just moved from Arkansas to Oklahoma and am still unpacking.

hoteltuesday said...

I forgot to do it again! ARGH!