Monday, August 31, 2009

They say a man's home is his castle...

So, yep, it's official, I am now a home owner. All the paperwork was completed roughly 5:15 or so. I even got a check for $9 and some change because of overestimation of my closing costs.

My monthly mortgage payment will be roughly $685 a month. It's less than expected. In fact, the lady handling the settlement said that was less than what she pays in rent. Sweet.

Anyway, naturally, I have photos!

After signing the paperwork, and eating some supper, I went down to the house...and promptly started cheering.
Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone as to what the FIRST thing was that I moved in.


A tour: The front door/entry area, with the bookshelves on the left and the living room on the right.


The bookshelves, looking into the entry area from the living room. Seeing these built in babies are what cinched the deal for me.


A close up of the beautiful stained glass in the front window.


In the living room, looking into the dining room and the kitchen beyond.


In the dining room, the stairway going to the second floor.


Through the kitchen window, showing the small yard out back. I didn't want a large yard and was quite satisfied with this. Also, between the house and the yard is the offstreet parking area.


I wanted to get the shelves clean off so I could immediately start putting books on them, and so, I set to cleaning them.


And finally, this is me, on the front porch of my...own home.


Wow....it still doesn't seem real to say that. Guess it hasn't hit me yet.

POLT Listening to "Hungry Like The Wolf" by Duran Duran

Every man desires to live long, but no man would be old. - Swift

15 comments:

john said...

CONGRATULATIONS Polt!

I'm so happy for you. Being a home owner rocks. I wish you many happy years in your new home.

truthspew said...

Looks like it was built between 1900 and 1910. Best of luck with it.

And yes, I'd love built in bookshelves too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Polt, congratulations!! It looks fantastic, and I love the floors.

Mike said...

Congrats on the new house. It looks beautiful. And it won't take long before you make it your home and not just your house.

tornwordo said...

Congrats, you'll be so happy you did this. And great mortgage payment too!

WV: Coodood

Perfect!

Michelle M. said...

I can't wait to see a picture of you sipping Pepsi on the front porch : ).

TwoPi said...

I'll hoist a glass of cola (diet coke for me) in your honor! I'm delighted for you!

Cheers!

TwoPi said...

And the house is gorgeous. I'd totally be singing The Commodores in the back of my head every single day if I lived in a mighty-mighty brick house.

lime said...

the bookshelves, the porch and the floors would have sold me. and that mortgage...oh i am envious.

it's a beautiful place from what you've shown us and the look of joy on your face is great. congratulations. enjoy!

Tam said...

Its beautiful. I'm so happy for you. But seriously you have GOT to paint those shutters purple. :-)

Craig said...

Yay! Congratulations! The house is beautiful! And built in shelves are my favorite things ever!

Okay, maybe not ever, but close!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looks like a sensational living space---perfect. And, wow, a mortgage payment less than rent by FAR.

Welcome home!

hh

Anonymous said...

Way cool brother! I am so happy for you. The place looks great to, and BIG. (for all those gang bangs you're gonna have). How exciting your new home.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's an amazing payment. I know you said what you paid, but still...I think I had a rent payment that low about 15 years ago. Now it's at least double that and then some. Way to go!

hoteltuesday said...

Congrats!
I'm so jealous; I need so much more bookshelf space! My small bookshelf is packed :(
Your monthly payments are cheap! We pay 2,100 each month at my house...