Sunday, August 09, 2009

I'm bout that, soldier boy be studdin' whoo...

I haven't seen the new G.I.Joe movie yet. I was never into the toys or the cartoon in the mid-80s, I was too old for G.I.Joe then. I always did like the idea of a strikeforce made up of different people each with a different skill set. So for each mission, there'd be a different team handling it, or at least that's how it was in the first few comic books (yes, I did get the first few, and kinda enjoyed them, but as a high schooler, I was too cool to read G.I.Joe [the irony of not being too cool to collect comic books in high school was then lost on me]).

But the G.I.Joe I knew and grew up with was a action figure, and extremely butch one. And an almost intimidatingly masculine one. He had a beard, and a uniform, and could obviously kick my ass without trying. The only thing that really interested me about him was the 'kung fu grip' and how fun it would be to have a grip like that..and the things I could do with it. But anyway, I never owned one, although I played with one before at a friend's house (and no, this was NOT just last week). But then I returned to my superheroes and bionic woman, and fembot action figures.

Perhaps the G.I.Joe I knew factored into my dislike of the new Joes. I hadn't really intended on seeing the movie, just cause I was never into the whole thing. I saw the trailer for it during Star Trek, and it intrigued me, but I was still on the fence about it.

And then, I saw this:


Any movie that's got Channing Tatum in it, even if he's not shirtless, really is one I ought to see. Although, if he's NOT shirtless in it, then it's not really a movie worth seeing.

So, tell me, anyone seen it yet? And is it any good? Or more importantly, is Channing Tatum shirtless in it?????

POLT Listening to "Love My Way" by The Psychedelic Furs

If an individual church or synagogue doesn't want to have marriage vows expressed by gay people, I think that ought to be a religious decision. But under no circumstances do I think a gay couple ought to be deprived of their rights as citizens. - Jimmy Carter

2 comments:

Craig said...

It's good stupid fun, and yes, Channing gets shirtless for a bit! He's delicious!

Ryan said...

I was at Target last night. Passing the toy department, I saw a Channing Tatum GIJoe cardboard display. I couldn't figure out how to steal it, but I really wanted to.