Saturday, August 01, 2009

You're sneaky from the corner of my eye, i saw you eying me...

One night this week, when I pulled into my parking space in the back yard, I interrupted a coterie of squirrels in the backyard. They broke ranks and ran for any available tree or pole. Bastards thought they could have a con-fab in my own backyard...but I was onto them.

As I walked up through the yard, I noticed these two, and snapped a quick photo as proof!


Mr. Red Circle is hiding on the other side of the pole, hoping I don't see him. But when he poked his head around the pole to check out my progress, his cover was blown and I got him in the photo.

Mr. Orange Circle is playing it all innocent by carrying around and muching on an apple that had fallen out of one of the trees, but I'm onto him. He nibble away and I'd walk on, but as I swung back once or twice, I saw him sitting up and watching me. And seeing me turn, he'd quickly grab the apple and nibble away, non-chalantly, like I didn't know he was spying on me.

Well, I got one up my sleeve for them! I haven't said anything around them about moving! And even if they overheard me talking about it, they got no idea WHERE I'm moving.

Stupid rodents...you gotta get up pretty early in the morning to outfool Mama Polt's baby boy.

POLT Listening to "Butterflies & Hurricanes" by Muse

An angry drag queen is worse than a minotaur. - Buddy Cole, The Kids In The Hall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...this is a great post. One of the best I've read lately :)

Anonymous said...

They are just evil.

Onanite