Thursday, August 06, 2009

Undress me will I look like a fool (Part 173)...

Once more, kids, it's time for...


Okay, so this is the scene earlier this week: I'm over at mom's house. We're on the patio, sitting in chairs facing each other and talking. I lean down forward to pet the dog. Mom says, "Wow, Polt, you're really getting thin on top, aren'tcha?"

Well, my head jerked up and I glared at her, "WHAT?" She giggled a bit nerviously, "Well, you're so much taller than me I don't get to see the top of your head much." I'm just staring daggers at her and say, "And what's that have to do with anything?" "Well...well, I just haven't seen the top of your head in a while and it looks thinner." But then she quickly adds, "But since I don't see it much at all, it might have been that thin for quite some time and I just never noticed." When I informed that that didn't really makes things any better, she added, hesitantly, "Um, yeah, well, I don't have my glasses on either, so...."

"Are you wearing your contacts?" Looking to the side she mumbled, "Um....yeah." and then quickly said, "SO, you wanna have steaks on the grill for supper tonight?"

Offer me steaks on the grill, and everything is fine with the world.

But here is a photo of what she saw, and I ask you, does this look THIN to you???


To see what others put up this week, click HERE.

POLT Listening to "Motivation" by Sum41

"Girlsfriends are the last to know." "Them and parole agents." - Lenny, Law & Order

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't look thin to me.

Onanite

Vixen said...

Me neither. :)

Anonymous said...

Nope. Maybe it was the way the light shined through it or the part made her think that.

I have fine textured hair so it makes me look thin on top, but it's been this way forever.

Ashly Star said...

Looks okay to me? Maybe it was the lighting or something, lol. Steaks on the grill are so yummy. Yay for being a carnivore. ;) Happy HNT!

Tam said...

Looks fine to me. Must have been the light or she had her contacts in backwards or something

Michelle M. said...

Your hair looks thick to me. Maybe Mama Polt was just messing with you...

Jere Keys said...

Your head looks fine.

That said, when I first started balding, it positively stunned me how many people (relatives) thought it was perfectly innocent to make comments like Mama Polt's. Considering that I was in my early 20s, I failed to see the good-natured humor in the observations from my family.

lime said...

honey i am married to a man with almost zero follicular action on the top of his noggin. yours is full and lush.