Friday, August 26, 2005

Four fingered fisher man, alright...

Last night, I watched the Tom Green movie "Freddie Got Fingered". It was one of the stupidest wastes of my time that I have ever done. The movie was weird, strange, and absurd, and NOT in a good way. It's biggest sin, though, was that is simply was NOT funny.

Not a little bit.

At all.

The strangest things about it are 1) that any Hollywood studio would commit one dollar to make this piece of inanity and 2) that there managed to be so many actors in it that I knew. What shape must thier careers be in that they appeared in this. Was thier agent high? Or just retarded? Julie Haggerty, Rip Torn, one of the American Pid kids, Anthony Micheal Hall (okay, well he doesn't have THAT stellar of a career), Drew Barrymore (she can be excused cause she was married to Tom Green. Or that actually could be the biggest damnation of all).

Mind you, I have laughed at some of Tom Green's bits before. But a small bit of him goes a LOOOOONG way. And two hours of him....nah, it gets old really, REALLY fast.

It's sad to think that people actually wasted time making, and watching this movie. I weep at the things that that money COULD have been used for: a decent mainstream movie, and well funded independent film, or a very potent euthanasia agent for Mr. Green to ensure no more drivel like this ever sees the light of day again.

POLT

Why do we live in a time when the smart have no power and the stupidest rule everything? - Dr. Hibbert, The Simpsons

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're going to have to explain to me why we should excuse Drew since she's married to that guy. I would that she would be awarded with extra criticism.

Polt said...

I was saying we could excuse her for appearing in it, cause they were married. Most spouses, I assume, would appear in their other half's movies. We COULD excuse her for that...now, for marrying the moron in the first place, okay, THERE'S the place to heap on the criticism.