Monday, August 15, 2005

Wake me when September ends....

This is a line from a Green Day song. The reason I mention that is thus: I was flipping around through the channels as I'm known to do, and I came upon MTV who, much tomy surprise, was actually showing a video! Who knew MTV still showed videos? At any rate, it ended, and a new one started. I was still in shock from seeing videos on MTV so I stayed with it. It was the Green Day song I mentioned. It starts out with two teens in a field, one played by the kid from Billy Elliott (great movie, by the way) and it really is a mini movie. It's a beautiful video. I loved it. The entire album, by the way, is quite good also. Indeed, SPIN listed it as the best album of 2004, i believe. And it's one the best (and only) albums to come out recently about social commentary. I guess that's why its not a huge commercial success, the American people are stupid and would rather listen to gangsta slappin up ho's, and boy bands singing about eternal love for you, girl, and busty, bubble headed fake boobed bimbo lip sync to whatever rather than listen to social commentary. The American public is a bunch of American Idiots...the 2004 presidential electio is evidence of that.

At any rate, if anyone gets the chance to see the video, check it out.
POLT

This is utterly fecal. - Death, The High Cost Of Living

No comments: