Friday, August 19, 2005

Neighbor, don't wonder what goes on in my home...

Met the new neighbor yesterday. He moved into the first floor apartment. I kinda know him from around town. He's retired, and pleasant, and active in local Democratic politics (which is always a good thing). SO I doubt we'll have any trouble, like loud parties, or violent fights, or just plain idiocy like we had with prior people that lived there. So it ought to be good.

But I am somewhat disappointed. I saw the cute military guy and his wife that looked at the apartment. And I spoke to the both the cute college aged guys who were looking (only one was filling out the questionnaire, and he was the lesser cute of the two, but still...). And I heard about the mother of the other military guy who was looking at it, and how he son was in his early 20's as well. I even saw the girl in her mid 20s that looked at it. And while she was of no interest to me, girls in thier mid 20's generally have boyfriends in their mid 20s as well. And yet, none of them took it. I guess there would have been more noise and a larger potential for problems with those guys...but despite all that, I would really have preferred to see any one of those in just thier boxer shorts taking laundry to the basement instead of seeing this guy do it.

Its a tradeoff...either i get little noise and no scenery, or good scenery, but possible problems. Tough time deciding that question.....

POLT

For your information, I'm staying like this and everybody else can just get used to it! If people don't like me the way I am, well TOUGH BEANS! It's a free country! I don't need anyone's permission to be the way I want! This is how I am, take it or leave it! - Calvin & Hobbes

No comments: