Sunday, January 18, 2009

Been waiting here, transporter broken, horizon's clear...

Right after Christmas, one of my co-workers was showing around one of his gifts. He had gotten one of those Hallmark Christmas Tree ornaments, from the Star Trek line. While I get the starship every year, he had one of the communicators from the original Trek. I remarked at how cool that was.

Well, earlier this week, he brought one into my office. He had found four of them at a local store, 75% off. He wanted to just give it to me, but I insisted he take at least 5 dollars for it, which he reluctantly did.




As you can see, it's got a few buttons on it and some lights that light up when it does anything. It's got several recordings from the original series that it plays. But it's also got this weird looking button...I wonder what it does...









........Whoa..............

POLT Waiting for his molecules to get fully reassmbled

I got a lit of Ph.D. types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, 'Mr. President, here's what's on my mind." And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the advice, I decide, you know, I say, 'This is what we're going to do.' "- George W. Bush

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was pretty damn original and funny as well :)

Eternal Lizdom said...

Ha! That made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Love the teleporter/transporter reference.

We're at the point now where we can teleport photons. So teleporting a whole human might take some time, but technology improves very quickly.

Look at planets around other stars. First we found the big gas giants, now the technology can find the smaller rocky planets. Better yet they can now get images of those planets.

It just keeps improving.

lime said...

LOL!!!! you are so cute and funny in your star trekiness. thanks for the giggle.

Anonymous said...

BWAAA!! That was awesome!

Anonymous said...

COOL! and funny

Onanite

Ray Avito said...

HAAA!! That is wild! You better keep that sucker in a safe place...