Monday, January 19, 2009

On a winter's day, and the snow...

Today, it snowed again. Well, maybe an inch, nothing more than that, but it snowed nonetheless. I still went over to mom's to do laundry...the need for clean knickers waits not for inclement weather.

But while I was over there, I recevied a call from A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. It seems he was in his car because the girls were screaming their heads off and he needed to get away. His wife stayed at home with them so he could get away, but only if he made a pot roast for supper tonight. I supposed that's a fair trade off, although for me, I'd not only prefer babysitting three screaming kids to preparing a meal, it would, I'm certain, also be more gastrointestinally safer. But whatever works for them.

So because of the three screaming girls, I got to have a meal at Applebees. We had decent food, and great conversation ranging from, if memory serves, the upcoming Super Bowl, how some football fans are idiots, tomorrow's inaugural, job prospects, "Gran Turino", another movie I don't recall the name of, "The Watchmen", the new "West Side Story" play, The Palace, T and out non-hookup Friday night, IDing potential sex partners, conservatives vs liberals, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Rev. Warren, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, snow, Clinton's inaugural, football stadiums, and even the St. Louis Cardinal baseball team momentarily.

I got a few photos, mainly of the weather. The first is from mom's front porch.



The second is my lone single set of foot tracks as I walked home to get my car.



And this is the view on my way to Applebees.


Quite an entertaining day so far, and it's not even dark outside yet!

POLT Listening to "Flesh For Fantasy" by Billy Idol

September the Fourth, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget. - George W. Bush

4 comments:

Tam said...

Don't ya just hate driving in that crap? That sounds like quite the diverse conversation you had, very interesting and fun to be out with a friend. We don't have Applebees here.

Anonymous said...

It snowed most of the weekend here and we got about 8 inches of snow. I shoveled and did laundry most of the day. No good conversation here, but the Mrs. and I had Applebee's for dinner last night. Some interesting similarities in our weekends.

Polt said...

Tam: Actually, the driving wasn't that bad. The traffic going 20 mph was more irritating than the road conditions. And you're not really missing anything with not having Applebees. We only go there a lot cause it's convienent.

HUGS..

Anonymous said...

I'm getting really sick of the snow. I'll be happy when I start seeing lots of green trees again. I hate winter.