Sunday, January 18, 2009

Amuse the cold weather so, put away your long johns...

You may recall my Post about the cold and snow we got (not that that post was in any way fishing for sympathy, just reporting the facts). Well, yesterday, when I left for work at 6:30, it was 2 degrees. On the way to work, in the country I was driving through, it was -2 degrees, and in the town I work in, it was zero degrees. When I left work yesterday it was 19 degrees.

Well today, I went outside and found it to be a balmy 32 degrees! I felt like putting on shorts or something.

Again, please note, that is just a simple statement of fact, not a request for sympathy, especially from those farther north (like in Ottawa) or further west (like in Chicago).

POLT Listening to "If She Knew What She Wants" by the Bangles

The other thing the volunteers do is they welcome people here, for this is the people's land. This isn't one person's land, it's the people's land, and foreign visitors about the mountain so they can enjoy their time and leave only footprints behind. - George W. Bush

1 comment:

Tam said...

But you're so much fun to tease down there in the tropics. :-P